Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ranchester
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 19:55

I'd rather have detailed cities with many neighbourhoods in place for irl distances. I really like the way SCS has constructed the map in DLCs (Scandinavia and France). Even if the city areas are too big for the scale, the distances are still long enough to keep the suspend of believe. Some ProMods cities are also built like this (Berlin, Munchen, etc.) and they are the most realistic, even if they take too much map space for the scale. The key is those wide background vistas, those bring most realism, and they of course take a lot of space.

astronomer
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2017 21:29

Berlin is most realistic? really? Still even polish Koszalin have more nice models and realistic atmosphere as such Berlin

capital_logistics
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2017 14:31

Ostpuff wrote: Kulturväven was one of my wishes but models are hard to come by, perhaps it'll happen in the future ;)
Yes, I understand that. I wish I could help you but my modelling skills aren't that good. I know Umeå kommun had a project of making 3D models of the central town and the university, but I don't know what happened with it.

YNM

05 Feb 2017 00:43

A bit to talk about the written distance : Yes it is true. The map is *mostly* 1:19 but thanks to cities being 1:3, going through cities means traveling the same amount of model distance (model size) in a slower pace of time, resulting in reduced written distance. You can see the effect when choosing between one of the three possible way to go through, say, Warsaw or Berlin : going though it will result in shorter distance written and shorter written travel time compared to going around it (for Warsaw, the southwest ringroad), even though the mods have expended probably around the same amount of road model length, and the probably worse traffic (or least lower speed limit).

I suppose this is why SCS made the highway around Paris as part of the city, despite being modeled far, far away (compared to R0/R1 or any other such thing made by ProMods).

Also, this thread is about Northern Scandinavia, this is quite off-topic then. Sorry for that.

On-Topic : I know that the main goal is to create the coast routes, but how many cross-route there will be (ie. planned) in the map ?

Ostpuff
Developer

05 Feb 2017 13:21

I'm not sure about the exact plans for Norway but for Sweden the E10, E12, E14 and E16 are all planned as cross-routes between the E4 and E6. Those I can say for sure will come.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

AnsweredFern56

06 Feb 2017 08:21

Ostpuff wrote:I'm not sure about the exact plans for Norway but for Sweden the E10, E12, E14 and E16 are all planned as cross-routes between the E4 and E6. Those I can say for sure will come.
And then i just need to make sure you got Lycksele in the game after E12 lol

YNM

06 Feb 2017 14:12

Ostpuff wrote:I'm not sure about the exact plans for Norway but for Sweden the E10, E12, E14 and E16 are all planned as cross-routes between the E4 and E6. Those I can say for sure will come.
Sounds great (well, everything across scandinavian mountains and norwegian coast sounds great :D )

What about any "mid roads", like, say, E45 ? The E6 can be classified as mid road for some while (against E39 / Rv (Fv ?)13).

AnsweredFern56

06 Feb 2017 16:45

YNM wrote:
Sounds great (well, everything across scandinavian mountains and norwegian coast sounds great :D )

What about any "mid roads", like, say, E45 ? The E6 can be classified as mid road for some while (against E39 / Rv (Fv ?)13).
I guarantee E45 will be a part of the Project. E45 is a important road it goes thru Östersund for example. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 000005&z=4

Ostpuff
Developer

07 Feb 2017 23:30

Yup, E45 will come as well, however it will most likely be a while before it happens. All E-roads in Sweden are essentially guaranteed, any other roads and cities are still very much undecided though, I don't want to promise too much. :P Like Lycksele for instance... ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

peterdhox
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 12:51

I must say I LOVE IT!!!
I have question about re-editing cityes?
Is there any plans for it?
For an example Borås have Viared - big logistics center, Borås is bigger than Jönköping but it is not on map. Any plans?
Göteborg is a lite bit of a designed disaser (if i may call it) and i mis Scandiahanmen, lots off trailers, containers and special cargos.
If thers is any plans, i can support you with ideas as ex. trucker. Borås and Göteborg could be a part of "logistical nightmare". :D
Heavy loads and last second delivery. :lol:

Another thing is that thers is now a highway between Göteborg and Jönköping without any 50 and 70 speed limits.

Have a very nice day!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information