Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
lexiforlife
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2015 19:09

MandelSoft wrote:The road is already "included", but Amsterdam as a whole needs a serious rebuild. But that will come after ProMods 2.0, most likely...
will you also Create Gent in Belgium its one of the Bigger and more beautifull city's in belgium and would love to see that in the game Gent Antwerp Brussel be a nice spot to be building up your company

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Oct 2015 19:54

Gent is too close to Antwerpen. Same story as for Den Haag (too close to Rotterdam)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ZelvaCZ

10 Oct 2015 20:14

As a demontration of the scale problem: from the ring of rebuilt Brussels, you can see to the Antwerpen ring.

lexiforlife
Donation rank:

10 Oct 2015 21:18

MandelSoft wrote:Gent is too close to Antwerpen. Same story as for Den Haag (too close to Rotterdam)
i think if gent is just a small town it would be so amazing because you would have filled out the ring Antwerpen hope you know what i meen by that if you have Antwerpen Ring you could go off at Brussel Roosendaal/Rotterdam or Gent 3 city's around the most beautifull Ring you created so far in the game

Superdavecan

11 Oct 2015 11:57

Could Gent and Den Haag work as scenery cities though? Obviously it's not possible to build them as proper cities with jobs due to the scale... but maybe they would work as scenery cities to at least show and acknowledge that these major cities exist. That's the approach I favour whenever there's a major, important city that can't be built due to scale constraints... they're too important to leave out completely, so it's a compromise.

I remember thinking that could be a possibility with Utrecht. Actually I still don't know for sure whether you intend to build Utrecht or Eindhoven... I seem to remember it was a choice of one or the other, and the team kept going back and forth between them. Did you eventually decide whether it was going to be Utrecht or Eindhoven that was built? Whichever one it is, the other one should probably be done as a scenery city since they're too important to leave out completely.

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2015 20:30

The 3 towers of Gent could make a very decent background scenery indeed.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

ETS2-User
Developer

11 Oct 2015 20:58

According to the BRP plan the decision is made in favour of Eindhoven. But as always plans are subject to change...
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Oct 2015 22:13

Even for a scenery city there's simply not enough space. The ring of Antwerpen is just too large for that to allow that and in the case of Den Haag, the A4 is very, VERY compressed: you head from the Beneluxtunnel to the Ringvaartaquaduct to Schiphol; In-game, there's only like 500 meters between the end of the Beneluxtunnel and the Ringvaartaquaduct. In real life it's like 30 or 40 kilometers! This is not even 1:19 scale anymore, but much, MUCH more compressed with very space-consuming elements. This is why Den Haag just can't fit in there, even as a scenery city.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

11 Oct 2015 23:46

ZelvaCZ wrote:As a demontration of the scale problem: from the ring of rebuilt Brussels, you can see to the Antwerpen ring.
Would it be possible to put an opacity barrier between them? I know SCS did stuff like this in Norway to prevent you seeing stuff coming out of mountains that you shouldn't be able to see, etc.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

12 Oct 2015 00:50

It's not that sort of thing: the distance is so short that at one end of the E19 at Brussels you can see the other end in the distance, just by looking down the road.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information