Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 22:18

Is the last picture using a default prefab?

M95

16 Mar 2015 22:24

Nope. Plan is not to make a single standard prefab based intersection in Germany

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 22:29

M95 wrote:Nope. Plan is not to make a single standard prefab based intersection in Germany
Ah, lovely. Makes driving much more pleasant. Those SCS prefabs are ugly; even those ones that we're added to ETS2 (since most we're copied from ETS1). Great work!

adgjl
Donation rank:

16 Mar 2015 22:31

It's going to be so great seeing updates from different parts of Germany! And what a great way to start, promods Bayern is going to be so lovely :D
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 09:11

FYI guys:

There is always a chance that we deviate from our plans. This is a rough draft we use now. What will end up in ARP in the end is unknown to all of us ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

17 Mar 2015 09:46

Hence the disclaimer on page 1:
MandelSoft wrote:DISCLAIMER: This plan is by no means final and is subject to change
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

TRB5991
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 14:54

This looks great! even with what you have done so far, I now look forward to driving through Germany.

But a small request. Please can you guys add some more rest areas? It might just be me, but Germany always feels like there aren't enough rest areas, not full on rest areas with fuel stations, the small parking areas that you get at border crossings or like the parking areas in France, which are missing from the current German map (unless you've put them in the ARP that we currently have).

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 14:58

Well in real life Germany has a huge shortage of restplaces for trucks.

Not sure if there is still a lack in Germany.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 15:07

MandelSoft wrote:Hence the disclaimer on page 1:
MandelSoft wrote:DISCLAIMER: This plan is by no means final and is subject to change
Nico wrote:FYI guys:

There is always a chance that we deviate from our plans. This is a rough draft we use now. What will end up in ARP in the end is unknown to all of us ;)
In which case, I'll make some suggestions, and recall previous ones in case you haven't seen them. Feel free to comment.

#1. There is space for BAB39 and Wolfsburg, which could be a nice addition.
#2. Duisburg could do with a rebuild and the A40 could be connected with Antwerp (I love how the A40 passes through industrial areas and the city in Duisburg). If space permits, it'd be nice to see either Eindhoven or Venlo. It's a very important European connection for trucks out of Netherlands, that pass to Germany, Poland and beyond.
#3. How about BAB72 and Chemnitz? Would be a nice link too, shortening the journey slightly if you're heading from Dresden to Bavaria.
#4. There might be a complete lack of space for this but Bonn with BAB555 is another city that would be a great addition in my honest opinion. It has a cargo airport too, which could be used for deliveries.

About restplaces, Bluetruck on SCS Forums does them quite well, perhaps look at adding him to the team?

Would you guys find it useful, if you created a topic, and we sent you pictures from Germany? I've been to Frankfurt recently, so you might find that useful when you come to rebuild it.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 15:48

I like those pictures! Didn't think you'd do Bayern, thought it was too close to Munich.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information