Inclusion of conflicted areas

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
09_KZ
Third Party Developer

28 Aug 2015 18:53

Purno wrote: What I had been thinking about, considering the Crimea area, is as followed;

Since AFAIK most countries haven't recognized the Russian claim on the area, it's officially considered part of Ukraine by most countries and foreign institutes. Thus, it'd be part of Ukraine on the world map.
It is however occupied by Russian-alligned people, who, I assume, tore down Ukrainian flags and put up Russian flags. They'd probably added some kind of road-block or border control at the border with the rest of Ukraine. Those things can be resembled in the virtual world.
Perhaps not quite correctly understand the essence of Google translation, but I want to say, the Crimean people, older residents. glad that they returned to their homeland and live in peace. They have always been people of Russia but in 1954, Nikita Khrushchev, took and gave the Crimea because of speculation. A Russian population on the peninsula remains in shock. (Today, you live in one country, and tomorrow you another :shock: ) :mrgreen:

Ukraine must be present for what it is! You feed information about the country from European sources and media, please take a look at the world from the other side. ;)

Barrett_killz

28 Aug 2015 19:39

roma872009 wrote:They have always been people of Russia but in 1954 blah blah blah
No, do some research on Crimean Khanate. The predominance of russian speaking population in that area is a result of deportations and assimilations of different slavic nations in that area as well as in southern and eastern Ukraine.

Anyway, my final solution would be creating a poll whether a certain territory should be taken into consideration or not.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2015 00:24

I do agree with Purno. If you map it exactly how it is in real life you aren't making a political statement but are following what is real life. Surely no one can dispute that! Plus it would be fun to drive through road blocks and you could give the map that whole military tension vibe. Would add a whole different feel than the bright sunny tulip fields of The Netherlands.

The only issue I could see arising is what country do you assign the reigion too in job market. Could you not just call it Crimea for example? Do you even HAVE to assign it? And Crimea is pretty much the only major disputed region right? Isn't Kosovo recognised by the UN? Or you could put dashed lines on the in game map just like in Google maps

ScuL
Founder

29 Aug 2015 01:30

MistahDave wrote: The only issue I could see arising is what country do you assign the reigion too in job market. Could you not just call it Crimea for example? Do you even HAVE to assign it?
The country must be defined and it must be a constant. Although it is possible to add a new "country id" which could be "disputed territory" with country marker X or so. It means that vehicle license plates must be made for that zone etc.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MistahDave
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2015 01:46

Hmm seems like it could be a resonable solution to do this then. License plates could be how ever they are in real life in those areas, same as everything else!

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2015 06:14

MistahDave wrote:The only issue I could see arising is what country do you assign the reigion too in job market. Could you not just call it Crimea for example? Do you even HAVE to assign it? And Crimea is pretty much the only major disputed region right? Isn't Kosovo recognised by the UN? Or you could put dashed lines on the in game map just like in Google maps
What countries and organizations do consider Crimea part of Ukraine?
What countries and organizations do consider Crimea part of Russia?
What countries and organizations do consider Crimea a seperate state?

That's the info I need first, before I can make a statement on what country to assign it to in the world map. A dashed line is always an option AFAIK, as it's just a background image, isn't it?

Horizon™
Developer

29 Aug 2015 10:33

1. A lot ....Probably all the NATO.
2. Only Russia or/and any other post-soviet state in the Asia(hmmm..North Korea?)
3. No one...
----
Community disagree with each other and it is hard to agree for a option which is better to the both sides, because the division of the team is really bad - 50% wants Crimea and Eastern Parts to be in the Ukraine..others don't want to do that - the warfare between them could happen (World War - ProMods Edition...)
----
Better include this areas then the situation is getting better, because there is still a lot of work to do in the rest of the Europe.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Barrett_killz

29 Aug 2015 11:51

DeusHorizon wrote: 3. No one...
Crimean tatars actually do demand something more than autonomy.

Starfruit 017

29 Aug 2015 12:19

Countries (UN) that recognise Crimea of part of Russia are :

Afghanistan
Cuba
Nicaragua
North Korea
Russia (ofc)
Syria
Venezuela

It's also a fact that most people in Crimea do want to be part of Russia...

Most countries in the West and in Europe however see Crimea as Ukraine
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

Horizon™
Developer

29 Aug 2015 12:23

It is time to use hammer and crush the UK into 3 countries and 1 province :) ....It would be better, yeah? Of course not....
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information