Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tantalus

07 Oct 2021 23:56

Frate wrote:
07 Oct 2021 12:22
A lot of you do not seem to understand that ETS2 is not a sightseeing simulator. It is supposed to be a representation of the Spanish and Portugese industry and road system.
Erm... you seem very new to the ETS2 and ATS community. The whole purpose of promods is not only to add realistic expanded representations of each country, its other purpose is to improve scenary, and
that is one of the MOST important things when driving in ATS and ETS2. To observe and admire your surroundings. If you think that is not important, sorry but you should be playing other
game lol. Because ETS2 and ATS fun is based on this. If we didnt have good views when we drive, these games will be the most boring games anyone could play.

Frate wrote:
I guess you haven´t driven in Poland and Hungary yet
I did, and you cant even compare both dlcs. I mean, are you serious?
Frate wrote:
If there is a possibility to use the Motorway, why should a Trucker use secondary roads?
Spain has the biggest Motorways-Network in Europe, of course they will be a lot of Motorways.
It isnt about how many motorways are. You still dont get it.. sigh.
If a trucker cant take certain highway for whatever reason, like a blockade, or he wants to take an alternative route.. oh well,
sure he can do it IN REAL LIFE, but not in this game... seriously dude.. :p

Again, most players (i would say all of them except you...) enjoy way more to drive through tricky roads, dirty roads and have a little challenge and variety. I guess you live in another world.
In addition, i dont know about you, but after a week you are already tired of driving for the same highways all the time. Boring highways, without landmarks, and characteristic represenattion
of spanish environment.

VARIETY. This is a driving sim. And this is why "features" like re-route (cant remember how the word in english is, in spanish is "desvío") are completely useless and they shouldnt.
We had this problem since i cant even remember, so many years ago. SCS added this feature but it has been always useless because most dlcs dont have enough secondary
roads to take an alternative route.
Frate wrote:
You can always critize things and that´s normal but especially rttbs was the best DLC they have done so far and I am saying that as someone who drives through those regions every year, they really managed to catch the atmosphere of those countries.
And that DLC is one of the oldests ones. If you bothered to read i said "AS OF LATE".
SCS has decreased the quality and variety of their dlcs exponentially.

And last, but not less important to make you realize how bad is Iberia, SCS only included 35 new assets in it. 35!!!!!!
When in other dlcs, that number was at least five times bigger!

And sorry for the offtopic, i just had to answer this because some people amaze me.
No more posts about this.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2021 07:46

Please go back to topic now! This topic is about the development in Iberia of the ProMods team and not about the SCS DLC.
Open a new topic in the off topic section if you want to continue discussing the DLC!
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

brainiac
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2021 17:30

Trucker, I suggest you open a new thread and move all this DLC talk there, so we can follow the discussion.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2021 19:26

Who do we need to do that? Someone who want to discuss that, can do that perfectly too. Like Trucker2223 suggested. ;)

Now, please continue on topic, or make a new thread.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2021 09:41

But we can't rewrite these posts. Only moderators can move them. So, please, do it.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

liano

14 Oct 2021 20:10

They are trying to close this post. I thougth there was news on promods' Iberia work and I come here and see only crying that should be shared only with SCS. Please, don't! BTW, there's only work being done in Andorra and possible connections or there are other areas being worked for 2.60/2.70?

tantalus

16 Oct 2021 02:41

I already said i wasnt going to post anything about it anymore i wasnt crying i was making things clear to someone that obviously is a bit lost.
The posts can be removed by mods if they want, but i dont think its necessary for only a couple of posts and i dont think it hurts the purpose of the thread at all.
Conclusion. Promods Iberia should continue because the team is doing an amazing work. Way better than any DLC scs could release.

Any news on Andorra (maybe a screenshot.. ^^)? or the come back of the rocky mountains and beautiful scenary of France's borders?

Shiva

16 Oct 2021 04:40

For Le Perthus and Irun borders? Those are ingame and look great.
The other border crossings? For those we have to wait for ProMods.

I can't wait what ProMods mappers add to SCS's La Jonquera.
Maybe something of these:
Supermercat Tramuntana 2
Parking Trucks Sol Jonquera
Euromaster Pneumatics La Jonquera
Gran Jonquera Outlet & Shopping
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Themagicgoat

16 Oct 2021 19:28

how many people are currently working on Iberia ?

ScuL
Founder

17 Oct 2021 23:41

I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information