Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ETS2-User
Developer

22 Nov 2016 18:47

enrico.tiberi.71 wrote: Because Italy seems to be not important like the Svalbard Islands...
The difference is that SCS won't be developing anywhere in the north for at least a few years. It just wouldn't make any sense. So our motivation to work there is significantly higher because we know that our work won't be wasted for a long time. Italy however is right at the border of the Standard map and requested quite a lot. Also SCS had original plans to make it bigger anyway so it's probably just a matter of time until for once they start developing there. So we didn't put much effort there in the first place because we're pretty sure it would go to waste one day or bring us to another difficult merge for that matter.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

M95

27 Nov 2016 13:20

IMPORTANT!

As you guys know the France DLC is coming up. On the map there's clearly a road visible going to the Italian coast so Italy has a connection to southern France DLC area. Unfortunately there's a big part of this road interfering with our work near and in Genova. In my opinion Genova got outdated and should be removed and maybe some day get a new rebuild.

I'm wondering if it is worth to take the effort of merging this area into the map or leave Genova out which makes compatibilityfor us. (Time I don't have to use on that can be used in other projects).

Since I'm not the only one who has to take a descission about this I would like to ask to let your voice hear about the future of Genova by answering the strawpoll added in this message. Your answer has a big value in this descission but not the full one (I also need to discuss removal of the city in the team).

I hope you guys understand this dilemma and help me to take the right descission.

Link to the strawpoll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11744267

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2016 13:30

I think it's a understandable and correct decision.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ScuL
Founder

27 Nov 2016 13:38

You can't just remove it without a replacement though. If users set it as their home city it will result in corrupt profiles. It will need to be replaced or updated
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

M95

27 Nov 2016 14:02

ScuL wrote:You can't just remove it without a replacement though. If users set it as their home city it will result in corrupt profiles. It will need to be replaced or updated
You can move your hoem garage befor updating. Those instructions need to be communicated clearly in the step by step form in the download section. After moving the garage there are no problems.

ETS2-User
Developer

27 Nov 2016 14:06

You know that people don't read... :lol:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Peterson

27 Nov 2016 14:34

Then it's their damn problem.

But hey, people who don't read often shout the most. Cancerous people are the most visible. Blah, blah, blah.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2016 22:21

Don't remove it.

lelux

27 Nov 2016 23:16

I think that is better to not waste your time working to connect the new France dlc with the "old" city of Genova cause it's absolutely not realistic and not Promods-level!

Bob Garde
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 02:32

I would update Genova, without removing it but just updating and adapting it to the new A10.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information