Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 08:30

I think that it is the best idea.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

29 Nov 2016 10:14

Regarding merging Sectors in ETS2:
I am sure it ain't a 1 minute thing to do. How hard it is? No clue.
But not super hard for you all, that do magics with the map editor :)
It would have been nice if there would have been a way to make a single sector into several more pieces.
Then make all those sectors a single piece again.

Would be nice to see Genova in the next ProMods update, even if it would not yet be connected with the road to Nice.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 10:25

It may not be super hard, but it's time consuming and everybody wants new PM version as fast as possible. And remember that somebody working on Genova won't work on his own areas for some time.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Shiva

29 Nov 2016 11:09

That is the downside. Time consuming.
I guess that getting the stuff on same sector is the thing that takes most time.
While making road connection could be the somewhat easier part.
I wish I could help, but I'm not even remotely good enough.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

volodo
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 12:03

Zniwek wrote:It may not be super hard, but it's time consuming and everybody wants new PM version as fast as possible. And remember that somebody working on Genova won't work on his own areas for some time.
But the upgrade of Genova is planned (as I understood) to be done sooner or later. And the community will wait for 2.2 update as same as it will be waiting and demanding for 2.3, 2.4 and so on. So why create problems for users, who has garages in Genova? And what about the people who are hopping for Genova update? It's for the devs to decide what to do with Genova, but I think that the community can wait month or two. Or, if the merge with France DLC is planned to be done in the first place right after the release of the DLC, than Genova can be part of that merge.
Anyways, community does not know what most of the devs are doing currently, are they working on country X or Y, do they work on the city Z for 8 hours a day or once a week. So I think you could update the Genova and I'm sure nobody will ever notice that some country X or Y got delayed a bit.

phlyer91
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 13:11

If we would get the new Promods faster, then please remove it. ;)
(i respect your work of course! ;) )
Last edited by phlyer91 on 29 Nov 2016 13:14, edited 2 times in total.

Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 13:12

Oh, trust me that some users don't understand that it takes a lot of time and it's a hobby, not a work that has to be done everyday.
Also, community doesn't like to wait, you can see it in phlyer91's post ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

volodo
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 13:24

Zniwek wrote:Oh, trust me that some users don't understand that it takes a lot of time and it's a hobby, not a work that has to be done everyday.
Like if that community would go anywhere else if you won't release the mod for another month or two. You are the best out there! :) I think you cannot loose the community because of the additional 1-2 month delay. And also, you are the best in "ignoring" the questions like "Release date?" or "When X, Y or Z would be finished?". So why not ignore people like phlyer91, and just do what you love to do in your free time and finish something when you can? It's your hobby! There always will be people that aren't satisfied, that's just the part of any community.

As for the topic, my opinion on M95 question - rebuild Genova as the part of the DLC merge despite the possible delay of PM 2.2

YNM

01 Dec 2016 12:24

Zniwek wrote:Oh, trust me that some users don't understand that it takes a lot of time and it's a hobby, not a work that has to be done everyday.
Why sacrifice your hobby for the community ;) Once someone stick to promods they won't leave...

But I leave this to ProMods team. Just that it struck me hard about the announcement of a very possibly game-breaking update.

ecki

02 Dec 2016 13:34

You should bulldoze ALL italian cities, because one is uglier than the other. The complete Italy map is a total mess and is the poorest part of ProMods.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information