SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Rocar 512E

18 Feb 2016 18:44

Paris always looked dull in the old versions. Even if i will miss it quite a bit, now i am really hyped for this version.
Vive La baguette Image
Also saw the rural appetizers, looks pretty good, but could have been better after all.

Puncake
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2016 21:20

Hopefully UK will get a re-work

jasper

19 Feb 2016 11:50

That's wonderful news , not only about France getting other roadso opened but exisiting areas getting refreshened , anyway am bit sad about Kutchek , hope his work won't be wasted!
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2016 13:55

His work won't be wasted, his work will get enhanced :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2016 17:01

Look what happened in Scandanavia. The SCS expansion both increased the quality of the mapping by inviting ProMods to raise the bar a second time and added a number of new assets that the mappers used to enhance the realism. Kutchek's France will be 100x better when he integrates SCS' work into ProMods.

What I can't wait for is the coach simulator or the rigid trucks. I know it's different teams working on this, but I really thought they'd start teasing those before France.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

jasper

20 Feb 2016 17:58

AlexanderPope wrote:
What I can't wait for is the coach simulator or the rigid trucks. I know it's different teams working on this, but I really thought they'd start teasing those before France.
I don't know if it's true or not , i read some comments on the SCS blog , that the DLC Coach Simulator is no more , since there is no news about these features....
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Ostpuff
Developer

20 Feb 2016 18:41

No news? Pavel Sebor himself confirmed about three weeks ago that they are still working on it. It is going slow but they are working on it from time to time.
I think he said their aim is to release it near the end of the year but I can't remember exactly.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

21 Feb 2016 05:44

Exactly. He said that the focus has been on getting the features for ATS into the engine and stable. The Coach component has been worked on on and off for the past several years and has the same licensing hangups as everything else.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Puncake
Donation rank:

25 Feb 2016 17:13

Steam Workshop support coming!
Greetings truckers!

We are working now on 1.23 update for ETS2, and 1.1 for ATS. One of the major features coming with the updates is support for Steam Workshop. This feature is really long coming, considering all our projects always were popular for user modifications.

Right now our Workshop is still in limited testing. Some of our testers are passionate modders on their own. Even during testing there are already some cool mods appearing. Here is how the page looks right now:

We are looking forward to the public beta where community for both games will be able to evaluate and test the current implementation.

The ease of use of Steam Workshop is fascinating - you will just choose the mod, press the "Subscribe" button, and the mod will be automatically downloaded and appear in your in-game mod manager. Steam client will take care of automatic updates of the mod in case the creator of the mod releases a new version. What is more, if you decide to switch between computers or to reinstall your OS, all the mods will be downloaded on each new installation automatically without any need to backup them.

Each player will be able to rate any mod, so high quality mods should quickly rise to the top. You will be able to sort mods by rank, popularity, or browse the most recent ones.

There's more for mod authors

In order to ship your mod you will need to download SCS Workshop Uploader - a free standalone Steam application we have created just for this purpose. That's what this tool looks like:

Alongside the Uploader tool, we are also preparing our own Wiki dedicated entirely to mod creation process.

The goal is to have a place where everybody interested in modding SCS games will find all the info needed. It should be the ultimate source covering areas of all official SCS modding tools, their documentation and tutorials, things like for example advice on how to adapt the mods to the newest game version. The Wiki will also provide additional information about our game engine and its possible configuration options.

It will most likely still take us a couple of weeks before we reach this stage, but we are looking forward to seeing you in the upcoming open beta for ETS2 and ATS to sample the new mod support!

Source - SCS Blog

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

25 Feb 2016 20:38

Will Promods be using the steam workshop when it comes out?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information