[Fixed] [1.01] Game crash when opening job list

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
busterbrown

11 Oct 2013 04:09

Nico wrote:Buster:

When did it start? Where did you drive/what city? Did you discover the Gardermoen/Oslo area already?

Not to sure Nico but I'm at level 42 now. It's been three real days now since it started ( this last Tue the 8th ) and I remember that I was in London in my large garage, clicked on "M" key, called up for a new job, my truck was displayed and about 5 seconds later---Send or don't send---came up. Good ole Microsoft :roll: I would say level 38 or 39.

Not just in the garage either for I've tried it all up and down the road in cities, back roads, motorways.

Could it be something in higher memory ( cause the more you build the Sim the more memory it needs ) that triggers a crash??
I'm just quessing here but it does seem the closer you get to somewhere around level 40......crash :(

Nico I discovered Gardermoen/Oslo area about level 8 or 9 and my FPS barely flickered as I remember some people were having trouble there.

Although no problems for me to just look for jobs at companies near me I would ( we all would I'm sure. :) ) rather see the whole map of jobs on one page.

Maybe we ought to hire "The Ghost Busters". :mrgreen:

I found the cause..........Image :lol:
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

busterbrown

11 Oct 2013 08:02

@Scul and Nico

Looks like it was at level 41 as close as I can tell. Also my mistake for it was not London were first occured but very near "Katowice".

I said in above post maybe it was level 38 or 39. All bottom pics claim level 41 as it has been three days ( real time ) since these pics. I've not been to fast latley. Approx. two maybe three hours of gameplay per day. Hope these may give you guys a clue? :?

These pics pretty much narrow it down ( I hope ). :)

Read info on each pic.

Click on pic to enlarge.

Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

aderek79

12 Oct 2013 13:28

Nico wrote:
Just a question for people who experience bugs:

Did you guys discover the area around Oslo and Gardermoen and also had a drive in the northern parts of Poland?
I had discovered most of the Promods map area including the Oslo/Gardermoen area before installing the DLC.

Before having the problem I had discovered the DLC area cities of Olsztyn, Poznan, Lodz, Warszawa, Lublin, Katowice, Banska Brystrica, and Kosice.

I got the error after going to Budapest and accepting a job to Debrecen. After going south out of Budapest it happened somewhere near the junction of M0 and M3.

Edit: I just double checked that from an old save, it was just west of the gas station on M3 but after the 10000 meter sign.

Interesting side note, most of 2 east of Warszawa (and a few other random road spots) shows as discoverd even though I never drove on that road.

Edit 2: I was level 43 when I had the problem.
Last edited by aderek79 on 15 Oct 2013 05:48, edited 1 time in total.

pafkub

12 Oct 2013 19:38

Hello,

I also have the same problem, and also after delivering cargo to Banska Bistrica. Please investigate it.

busterbrown

13 Oct 2013 19:35

Is it possible that the Sim was not intended to reach level 40/41?

At the time ETS2 was done and being prepared to send out maybe they thought no one would ever get that far.

Probably do not know what I'm talking about and just a thought.

Since neither Game log nor crash log is identifying this problem it may be a LOOOONg wait? :(

busterbrown

13 Oct 2013 19:44

ScuL wrote:I'm still in progress of discovering more parts of the DLC (only have 1 city discovered at the moment) when I have discovered most of it I should (hopefully) encounter the issues myself

Well hurry up Scul, get a newer more powerfull engine and let her rip. I've only 30 million USD in the bank and I'd hate to starve for lack of good jobs. :lol: :mrgreen:

ScuL
Founder

14 Oct 2013 01:16

I now have ALL Promods cities and ALL DLC cities (except Gdansk) discovered and no crash.. I'm at level 26 and my long distance experience is only 4 out of 5 though
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

busterbrown

14 Oct 2013 02:47

Pretty sure you will need to approach level 41 before the job page makes you crash Scul, but maybe not?

I think every one that has crashed on the job page so far has been either at or very close to level 41.

Although that may be a mist I decided to restart a new profile ( ETS2--all ProMods to date--DLC 1.5.2 ) starting at Nurnberg heading East till all DLC covered then head for the Scandinavian map. Head kind of North up through Denmark, Sweden,Norway, Finland. Then the closest Scandinavian West coast ferry to the UK and cover all UK. Before leaving the UK toward the Netherlands I should be near level 41 or very near that point and maybe the job bug ought to nab me. ( Maybe? )

If the bug is not fixed by then I will continue into Europe until at least I reach the bug. I still say it's level 41 but maybe not? If the bug is fixed before I complete my journey then I can restart my very rich profile and continue my buying power. :mrgreen:

OK, trucks all fueled up so I'm off to the Wizard........er......DLC 1.5.2 land. :mrgreen:

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2013 07:43

I confirm, I had level 40 or 41 when the bug appeared, but never thought it had anything to do with the game crashing...

Now I have like 5,8MM€, 3 garages and 1 fully upgraded truck of each model. I would not mind to give it away, but the 91% map coverage and full skills - yes, definitely...

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2013 09:05

Hmm weird to hear these bugs around level 40/41...

What you guys could try is this:
Open the promods-def.scs (it's the only file people can edit) and remove the economy_data.sii file (pls first back up the scs in case of game crashes)

Let's see if we can come to a solution together and try a couple of things to see where we need to edit our files.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information