Development on version 2.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Memphis84

08 Apr 2015 18:10

Kutchek don't u use the new vegetation ?

Kutchek

08 Apr 2015 18:19

On the last picture, I have used the two at both

Memphis84

08 Apr 2015 18:24

ok sorry my mistake
keep up the awesome work as usual ;)

jontsuba
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 18:30

jdenm8 wrote: Scenery destinations are very possible with the old system, they just need overlays.

The real thing causing what is in your screenies is that Kutchek prefers to put real in-game destinations on his signs. For the D926, the only in-game destinations that make sense are Dijon and Paris. Chateauroux wouldn't make sense since it's behind the camera.

I'd rather that be the situation than, for example, on the M6 Northbound at the M62 interchange. Manchester's only signed on one of the four signs approaching the interchange. On the other three, it's shoved off in favour of Leeds and Bolton, the latter of which isn't even on the M62, it's off the M61!

I think the UK needs the new system more than France needs it. France seems to be getting by rather well.
I think all the map deserves the new signage system. It may make driving a bit more difficult but hey, that's how real life is. And signage is one of the things in my case that improves greatly inmersion. As of France, it should one day (maybe for ProMods 2.6 ;) ) be upgraded to the new system for realism and standardization's sake. And signage making would become way faster and flexible, just look at Finland, it's awesome!

Memphis84

08 Apr 2015 19:29

Kutchek - Any chance to release the remaining cities in one pack? when it will be - in the summer , autumn
Yes i know that the last part of France to be developed is quite large but ur work trully blowed my mind , damn so beautiful :)

zebenji
Graphics Designer

08 Apr 2015 20:06

That's a very nice tunnel entrance you've made here!

Speaking of signage system... I was wondering if you plan to add some touristic roadsigns on the different highways you made, just like the signs you put in Normandy. I know it's not an easy job, especially because most of the signs can not be found on the Internet (and Google Maps doesn't help because the quality is not really good at all), but there are some who could be turned into roadsigns without too much work, like this one :

( OK, this one is supposed to be between Lyon and Valence on the A7, but that's the first example out of Normandy I found :D )

I think these signs are Under copyright so if you can't really put them for that reason, there's still a possibility to make some which look just like a typical French roadsign. For example, I tried to create a sign to replace the one you have for the City of Carcassonne. Here's the original picture :

And here's the (very basic) result after 20-25 minutes of tweaks :

It would be awesome to add other touristic roadsigns there and there, but I understand that the task could be harsh and that you have much better things to do first. It was just the weird idea of the week. :)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 21:30

Memphis84 wrote:Kutchek - Any chance to release the remaining cities in one pack? when it will be - in the summer , autumn
Yes i know that the last part of France to be developed is quite large but ur work trully blowed my mind , damn so beautiful :)
He'll have to wait for a full ProMods release. Simple as that. And there is still a lot to do...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

08 Apr 2015 23:48

Epic scenery! Can't wait to drive past that!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Kutchek

09 Apr 2015 17:53

zebenji wrote: It would be awesome to add other touristic roadsigns there and there, but I understand that the task could be harsh and that you have much better things to do first. It was just the weird idea of the week. :)
You 're welcome. I send you PM

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

09 Apr 2015 19:10

zebenji wrote: It would be awesome to add other touristic roadsigns there and there, but I understand that the task could be harsh and that you have much better things to do first. It was just the weird idea of the week. :)
I'd like to see some of that too, if Kutchek doesn't mind of course.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information