Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MCELcreeper

07 Aug 2020 07:27

worldisblack wrote:
07 Aug 2020 06:29
IIMMM SCRREAAMINNGGGGGG OOMMMGGGGG FINALLY MAN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh oh oh i see Osmaniye awwwww :D Thank you soooo much dude!

You gonna build both highway and d400 motorway, its very nice to see btw :) Now i have a simple answer that i cant find the question: can i play ME add-on without using ProMods map? Is it possible?
ProMods ME uses some of the assets from ProMods proper, so no
Developer of the Latvia rebuild map addon for ProMods and the UAE Map for ETS2
Latvia Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35194; Discord: https://discord.gg/PM5m8qb
Latest update: 13.11.20
UAE Map (WIP): viewtopic.php?f=42&t=36765; Discord: https://discord.gg/3hrVP9GYq4

psychoszoku

07 Aug 2020 07:33

There is already an existing map mod witch cities Adana, Mersin, Osmaniye.
Couldn't you agree between yourself not to overlap your sectors?

It would be better to work on different areas so the map combo would be bigger. Instead of putting efforts and time of two mappers to work on the same area.

worldisblack

07 Aug 2020 07:50

I see that one mate, believe me its not have any single similarity to area's cities. It looks so copy-paste. I'm very hopefull about this one bcause Platypus works very carefully and more realistic.

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

psychoszoku

07 Aug 2020 07:59

Yeah, those cities look copy paste as it was inherited to the current team. However they are reworking it now, going from the Izmir side so they will manage sometime, but the roads outside the cities are very interesting.

Anyway I am asking as instead of two maps competiting, I personally would wish for more Middle East / African, desert style areas.
Last edited by psychoszoku on 07 Aug 2020 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2020 08:08

psychoszoku wrote:
07 Aug 2020 07:33
There is already an existing map mod witch cities Adana, Mersin, Osmaniye.
Couldn't you agree between yourself not to overlap your sectors?

It would be better to work on different areas so the map combo would be bigger. Instead of putting efforts and time of two mappers to work on the same area.
As said many times now, there wont be any cooperations with other Map Mods. ProMods ME is a ProMods add-on, so only compatability with ProMods is ensured.
Other Map mods have to merge or adjust their stuff if they still want to be compatible.
We don't rely on other map mods, so there wont be any work somewhere else just because another map mod exist in that area already.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

worldisblack

07 Aug 2020 08:49

I agree with you, and i see the newly Izmir parts as well, those areas looks more realistic and beautiful, indeed. I hope they will do their best for that map too.

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

psychoszoku

07 Aug 2020 10:14

Trucker2223 wrote:
07 Aug 2020 08:08
As said many times now, there wont be any cooperations with other Map Mods.
Understood, although any time it is being said I have this wishful thinking.
That the qualified creators will come to an agreement, which will end up with bigger combo. As for me, your work on ME is of high quality, and so is the mentioned map. :) But your decisions are what they are.

Barbaros Yan??k

07 Aug 2020 11:32

Platypus wrote:
05 Aug 2020 20:45
Hello,

Indeed, what occured in Beirut is a real tragedy. Also all my condolences to Lebanese people :(
Of course, I will not ignore it and let the city intact in next coming version. But closing the city will not help ...
So, I chose to do it the same way than for Syria : damaged but with hope of reconstruction.
I wish sincerly Lebanon will receive the needed help to rebuild the city in real life ...

As for Promods 2.50, it'll appear so :
Beirut-Port-1.jpg
Beirut-Port-2.jpg

The harbour will be closed and the ferry connection to Larnaka will be suspended.
So you must use the Larnaka-Tripoli one, about 80km north. The rest of the city will remain operational.

Another thing now, I restarted works in south Turkey today. It's still early WIP, but here an idea of coming roads ;)
Turkey.jpg

Regards,
Nice work, but Alexandretta unacceptable for Turkey. Just as Hatay and Mersin were written, it should be written in İskenderun as İskenderun, not Alexandrette.
Take Care!

Horizon™
Developer

07 Aug 2020 12:11

I hope you are aware that Euro Truck Simulator 2 allows people to have localised names for cities and countries - Alexandrette is just French exonym for Iskendrun, as Platypus most likely set its game language to French. :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Barbaros Yan??k

07 Aug 2020 12:58

Turkish is accepted, not localized. Because Alexandrette belongs to Turkey. If it originated from the language of the game, it may have looked like that. It should write İSKENDERUN in Turkish...
Respects...
Last edited by bmwGTR on 07 Aug 2020 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information