Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Wolfpig
Donation rank:

26 May 2014 11:07

MandelSoft wrote:Actually, there are right now only three speed limit signs present in the game right now for Germany: 30, 50 and 90 km/h. However, we miss most of the common speed limits in Germany, such as 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 130 and unlimited [130 recommended].
I never saw any speedsigns so far which state 130 or "unlimited". (normaly there is only the)
30 is only in towns....and there only on sideroads (mostly ones in areas near schools/living areas etc.)
And these are only the speed limit signs we are missing, there are even more signs missing. In brief, we have quite a lot to do on this front...
Most of the signs you are missing would not really find a place in the game...but hey, in the game there are signs which state a speedlimit of 50 at the entrance of towns which are unnecessary because it is automatically a limit of 50 at the city entrance sign (the one which says the name of the town).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 May 2014 11:41

I've seen 130 km/h signs on the A24 to Berlin and blue square 130 "unlimited" signs on the A2 from Berlin to Magdeburg. Don't tell me that there are none ;)

Here are some photos

Signs that I think that are missing are:
- Chevron splitter signs: https://maps.google.nl/?ll=53.038917,8. ... 04,,2,7.52
- Chevron curve signs (especially single sided ones): https://maps.google.nl/?ll=50.725936,7. ... 31,,1,8.41
- Lane configuration signs.
- Typical German rest stop signs
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M95

26 May 2014 12:47

Not just the signs are missing in the current version. There are also some important roads missing. The A3 Elten-Frankfurt. The A6 France-Stuttgart (A81 intersection north of the city). The A7 continuing to the austrian border which will be the fernpass. The a2 Oberhausen - Dortmund. A61 Mannheim Köln. The A1 trough the ruhrgebiet. The A31, A15-Dk18 A18 (but it exists in the mini map extension). And the existing part of Germany, which is not realistic. Maybe there are more roads which are missing in your opinion.

You already did a very good job on the northern part of this country. In my opinion it would be better for the game instead of adding new regions to rebuild the unrealistic, already existing parts. Reislord did a good job there (however he copied cities and upgraded existing B-roads to autobahn), maybe he can help you with that job.

Of course the choice is yours to decide which developments are going to take place but I think this will make the map even better and better. The work you already did is, I think I can say world famous among all the ETS2 players, that's how good it is. But modifications in Germany are very important because france looks nice now, Scandinavia is nice but the area between made by SCS in the GTS-years is absolutely not realistic.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

26 May 2014 16:01

The 130 kph sign is there often.

But the Blue one is rather rare on German Autobahns. Most of the time it just ends in a signs saying no restrictions anymore.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 May 2014 16:58

Speaking of Autobahns...

All silly interchanges with only one lane continuing are gone now around Osnabrück, and replaced with something more decent!

We have some workforce free since the developments on Sweden and Norway are set to a lower priority because we'd like to wait to see how the DLC develops and how it turns out. Until there's more clarity about the DLC details, we will work in the meantime on giving the Autobahns in Germany a much awaited ProMods treatment: the ARP (Autobahn Reconstruction Project).

Since we can work on one or more interchanges at a time, we can treat them one by one in isolated cases. Therefore we can easily include this project into a release even when only half of Germany is done and it's therefore the ARP is quite easy to manage.

We are also looking at some vital links that are missing in the base game. We are thinking about adding the BAB3 to the Netherlands once the A12 in the Netherlands is done and connecting all the parts of the BAB7 to one long Autobahn. For some missing Autobahns, certain things like cities are in the way (for instance, Osnabrück is in the way of the BAB30), so possibilities might be limited. Signage, as well as additional details will be improved.

We are also looking how we can manage to include Baustellen in the game, because what is Germany without Baustellen? The main problem on that front is that we don't know how to manage to narrow down a 2x3 autobahn into a 2x2 lane Autobahn cramped on one side of the road.

Furthermore, Antwerpen is in a very good shape, nearing completion and Euromir will also set higher on the priorities list to get a first version ready for public use (a lot needs to be done on that front).

So there are quite some things going on here!

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

26 May 2014 17:08

I'm happy to hear those news! For me, driving through Germany is a dull experience, except for the north-western section, where your reconstruction work has been amazing. Keep going!

Thore
Donation rank:

26 May 2014 18:02

Yes! this is what I wanted since I started playing with promods, good german autobahnen with proper junctions. I hated the default ones from SCS, because a realistic driving isn't properly possible with them.

M95

26 May 2014 18:10

Great!!! Especially the developments in Germany look very good. This is how this country should be in the game. Keep up the good work.

Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

26 May 2014 18:45

Good news!

Looking forward to drive them! :)
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

Superdavecan

26 May 2014 18:48

Thanks for the update Mandelsoft, this is very welcome news! :D I look forward to more updates on the German Autobahnen. Don't forget your Bundesland signs; I hope to see them all over Germany at state borders :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information