ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Koen

09 Jan 2017 01:28

@Konrad1520 It seems to be a Chrome related issue. Please try opening the URL in Firefox while I search for a solution ;)
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

MarkoSK

09 Jan 2017 23:20

Hi, first off, great work with this, thank you!
Now, to connect with Konrad1520, Polskie Radio 1 2 3, Antyradio, PlanetaFM and Radio Zet not working in Chrome.
Probably from the same reason...

Koen

10 Jan 2017 00:15

@MarkoSK Correct... The support for HTTP/0.9 for non-standard ports has been dropped since Chrome version 55. Now, this may not seem like a common case, as HTTP/0.9 is nearly 20 years old, but Shoutcast v1 and earlier v2 versions still use that protocol, and quite a few stations use Shoutcast v1 for their livestream.

The stream for Polskie Radio 1 is http://stream3.polskieradio.pl:8900/ , if you go to that URL, and look in the top right, you will see that it still uses v1.9.8.

How to fix it? Preferably all stations switch to Shoutcast v2, Icecast or something else, but till that time, I'll try to find a work-around. Polskie Radio "fixed" it by using Flash, but I prefer not to do that, as Flash will be deprecated soon as well.

Just Google "Shoutcast ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" and you'll see what I mean :P

MarkoSK

10 Jan 2017 00:59

Thanks for the quick reply, thats kinda bad because there is also a lot of other radios that dont work because of Chrome.
It doesnt bother me that much, I was just going through Poland and realised that most dont work..
So I just wanted to report that so that you can know.
you cant do anything about it, so there is no need for reporting this anymore.
I suggest, maybe, editing the first post to explain the problem and wait for Chrome solution or like you said change browsers in the meantime.
Thats all, thanks again for the response. :D

Koen

13 Jan 2017 22:09

Version 1.5.2 - Small update:
I included a temporary fix for the time being, at least until I've rewritten ETS2 Local Radio (which may take a while)... So you can still use Local Radio while I'm fixing things ;)
How I did it: I included Iron Portable (a Chromium-based browser) version 54, and all stations work in that.
The "Open ETS2 Local Radio" link will automatically open the included Iron Portable. A more permanent update will come later :)
Apart from that, Danish has been added :D

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio

Julmath
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2017 23:12

Good evening,
So here is the error I'm getting when clicking on 'Open ETS2 Local Radio'.
How can I fix this?

Koen

13 Jan 2017 23:19

@Julm4th Thank you for letting me know. I wasn't aware that Iron Portable was this stubborn didn't support being run from the Program Files directory. It's unfortunate. I removed the setup from the download page. If you just download the archive, and unzip it wherever you like (but not the Program Files folder), it should work. Like I said, it isn't the nicest fix, but it should suffice for now, sorry :(

Koen

19 Jan 2017 00:29

Version 1.6.0

This release adds better ATS support, as well as some warnings when your browser can't playback a radio stream.
I also added a large red warning for Chrome, Opera and Internet Explorer users, as those browsers do not support all radio stations.
The server will try to open the page in Firefox and Edge first, before reverting to the default browser.

- Automatic switch from ATS to ETS2 and vice versa
- Fixed server becoming unresponsive
- Fixed playback for certain stations
- Added warning when a station does not work
- Show a warning for unsupported browsers
- New plugin installation

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio

Konrad1520
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2017 16:59

Microsoft Edge don't support change volume or station in game..

Koen

05 Feb 2017 01:26

Konrad1520 wrote:Microsoft Edge don't support change volume or station in game..
I cannot reproduce your issue; for me it works just fine.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information