[Obsolete] [Q&A] Which cities/ferries/roads are included?

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

01 May 2014 13:25

Sorry for topic digging, but it's related. I've had several job offers taking the ferry from Rotterdam to Newcastle, and then from Newcastle to Bergen. Since I rather drive from Rotterdam to Bergen via Denmark, is there a way to prevent this kind of routing behavior? (I know I can still chose to drive, but job payments and deadlines are based upon the ferry route AFAICT.)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

01 May 2014 14:56

Nope sadly not.

Something we could do is removing the bergen ferry, something some people already requested.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

SgrA

03 Sep 2014 16:52

Guys, please, connect Rostock to Helsinki by ferry, it is an important travel route!!! Also Rostock- South Malmö (Trelleborg). Pleeeease!!! :mrgreen:

Almighty
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 18:45

Well, this has been discussed before and the reason that they don't want too many ferry lines is the income. All prices are based on the on-road kilometers, so when you make a trip from Rostock to Helsinki with a ferry line between those places you will get something like $1000,=, without it let say $20000,=.
Happy trucking!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 19:49

I'd rather see that when countries that connect other countries are released, Promods removes the following ferrylines:

Every ferryline except the ones to Great-Britain (GB), Malta (M), Cyprus (CY), Faroe Islands (FO), Iceland (IS), and some remote islands that might be included, because you simply can't drive to those countries/islands.

All the other countries are, one way or the other, connected by roads.

It's Euro Truck Simulator 2, not a ferrysim..
Aside from that, I hate ferries in RL too, they give me the heeby jeebies... :?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

danirijeka
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2014 22:06

Volleybal4life wrote:I'd rather see that when countries that connect other countries are released, Promods removes the following ferrylines:

Every ferryline except the ones to Great-Britain (GB), Malta (M), Cyprus (CY), Faroe Islands (FO), Iceland (IS), and some remote islands that might be included, because you simply can't drive to those countries/islands.

All the other countries are, one way or the other, connected by roads.

It's Euro Truck Simulator 2, not a ferrysim..
Aside from that, I hate ferries in RL too, they give me the heeby jeebies... :?
It's a truck simulator, so where trucks take the ferry, it's only logical for the game to make you do so. No one of sane mind would drive from Stockholm to Helsinki through Lappland (or taking the scenic Denmark-Germany-Poland-Russia-Lithuania-Latvia-Estonia-RussiaAgain-Finland route) rather than taking the ferry, and if I were the one to pay for a shipment, sure as bleeeeeep I'm not going to pay you to take the longest route! You're not a taxi driver in Rome, ferchrissakes! :P

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Sep 2014 22:23

Well, there are a few sensible shortcuts we think that should remain there:

- Harwich - Esbjerg
- Puttgarden - Rødby
- Hirtshals - Kristianssand
- Fredrikshavn - Göteborg/Oslo
- Stockholm - Turku
- Portsmouth - Cherbourg

These ferries are in our eyes reasonable shortcuts. Usually they are only <200 km long, and a relatively short break from the travel distance by road. They are usually the most logical ferry connections without making the ferry tours really long and therefore making the shortcuts too large. Puttgarden - Rødby is OK for instance (only a 50 min ferry trip), but Kiel - Oslo isn't (20 hour ferry trip).

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

SgrA

04 Sep 2014 17:31

Well, TSM has long connections so, I do not see the non logical part here. Everybody could make his choice, to drive or to take the ferry. And Volleybal4life, I do not "hate" ferry routes and I like to see them in the game. ..and, a ferrysim is supposed to be a computer game which simulates maneuvering various ships (not trucks) in different environments (def.).

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Sep 2014 19:02

SgrA wrote:Well, TSM has long connections so, I do not see the non logical part here.
"TSM" and "logical" in one sentence. For a team that copy-pastes landscapes from Holland and brand it as Greece or Tunesia, logic is something completely different :lol:
SgrA wrote:Everybody could make his choice, to drive or to take the ferry.
The thing is that people cannot choose the price the job pays out. When adding a lot of long ferries, job prices will drop tremendously, since you are only paid for the truck kilometers of the shortest route. It's that simple and that is the reason why we don't include these long ferries.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 07:09

MandelSoft wrote:
SgrA wrote:Everybody could make his choice, to drive or to take the ferry.
The thing is that people cannot choose the price the job pays out. When adding a lot of long ferries, job prices will drop tremendously, since you are only paid for the truck kilometers of the shortest route. It's that simple and that is the reason why we don't include these long ferries.
Not just the job payment, but I assume also the time available to complete a job?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information