Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 17:51

M4rkus wrote:Yeah, that's an issue with the numberplates (and not the only one). Coincidentally, I submitted a bug report to SCS about that and changed the numberplate definition so in a later official update there might be official changes about that.
If you PM me a list of what they really should be, I can make a mod which fixes that...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 17:56

Cool, so it all goes back to the Hansa League. Thanks for the background, good stuff!

M4rkus

17 Mar 2015 17:56

If you PM me a list of what they really should be, I can make a mod which fixes that...
Not necessary. As I said, I'm in touch with the official developers and I did modify the corresponding def file myself.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 17:58

M4rkus wrote:
Not necessary. As I said, I'm in touch with the official developers and I did modify the corresponding def file myself.
Problem solved then. Now it would be nice to go back on topic...
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 18:06

tkk7406 wrote:(because in game Rostock is ROS)?

thats not right, in Game Rostock has HRO on numplate. ROS is alternative for a City in the "Landkreis Rostock"
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 18:11

Der Freiburger wrote:
tkk7406 wrote:(because in game Rostock is ROS)?

thats not right, in Game Rostock has HRO on numplate. ROS is alternative for a City in the "Landkreis Rostock"
OK. I thought it was that because I see ROS plates as well, thought it was from there. Anyway, back to the ARP...
Cheers,

R730_V8
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2015 19:47

Nico wrote:Well in real life Germany has a huge shortage of restplaces for trucks.

Not sure if there is still a lack in Germany.
In real life? Ohh, there's a big lack of resting areas for truckers. I often drive on BAB 2/4/9/10/14 so I can only speak for those Autobahnen. If you drive along those in the late evening - especially on fridays or saturdays - you won't find a playe to park neither your car nor a truck. That is one of the reasin why I'm in favour of the so called "ROLA" ("rollende Landstraße" - I don't know the English term - actually it means that trucks drive onto a train like traveling the Eurotunnel in ETS2 - and of course in real life).
MiSeRy wrote:Is there a plan for build the A14 near Magdeburg?
I asked the same but there was no official statement, yet - except of the one by MandelSoft saying that the plan on page one isn't final.
I started building the A14 near Magdeburg in Version 1.84 but I can't go on because when I try to import my work to the new version it get's me errors telling me that some of FLD's prefabs are missing and then the game crashes.
That's what I did so far (if those pictures aren't allowed please delete them).
I tried to stay as close to the original as possible (except from the AS Dahlenwarsleben).

"Kreuz Magdeburg" - BAB 2x14
http://abload.de/img/eurotrucks22015-03-17f8xbe.jpg

BAB14
AS 1, Dahlenwarsleben; end of the A14, going on as B71
http://abload.de/img/eurotrucks22015-03-17sob12.jpg

"AS Meitzendorf" - B189
http://abload.de/img/eurotrucks22015-03-173wawx.jpg

"Magdeburg Zentrum" - BAB2xB189
http://abload.de/img/eurotrucks22015-03-1779btf.jpg

For yourself to compare:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Magdeb ... 59f8071060

M4rkus

17 Mar 2015 20:00

To clear things up eventually: ROS is an old plate (Landkreis Rostock 1991 - 1994) and is not given out anymore, regularly. Since 2013, however, it can be given out to car holders in the area around Rostock. Regularly, people in the city of Rostock ("Kreisfreie Stadt Rostock") will get HRO whereas people in the newly (2011) built district Rostock (Landkreis Rostock) will get LRO. They can go for DBR (Bad Doberan) or different combinations as well if they want, one of the possible new-old combinations is ROS. Oddly, although called Landkreis Rostock, Rostock itself is not part of the district but is its own administrative entity. Confused? Things like that are not always easy in Germany ;)
Whatsoever, ROS as an irregular number plate is clearly overrepresented in game so in my proposal it is completely replaced by HRO. No need for Promods to get involved as this is supposed to be part of an official update. Sorry for off-topic but I wanted to get things sorted ;)
Last edited by M4rkus on 17 Mar 2015 20:05, edited 2 times in total.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

17 Mar 2015 20:02

M4rkus wrote:To clear things up eventually: ROS is an old plate (Landkreis Rostock 1991 - 1994) and is not given out anymore regularly. Since 2013, however, it can be given out to car holders in the area around rostock. Regularly, people in the city of Rostock ("Kreisfreie Stadt Rostock") will get HRO whereas people in the newly (2011) built district Rostock (Landkreis Rostock) will get LRO regularly. They can go for DBR (Bad Doberan) or different combinations as well, if they want, same thing goes for ROS. Oddly, although called Landkreis Rostock, Rostock itself is not part of the district but is its own administrative entity. Confused? Things like that are not always easy in Germany ;)
Whatsoever, ROS as an irregular number plate is clearly overrepresented in game so in my proposal it is completely replaced by HRO. No need for Promods to get involved as this is supposed to be part of an official update. Sorry for off-topic but I wanted to get things sorted ;)
Good, now you've cleared it up for me. Thanks for that!
Cheers,

FH-Fahrer
Developer

17 Mar 2015 20:36

So I started with the BAB24 between Hamburg and Berlin. Here are some WIP screens! Feel free to post suggestions!

MiSeRy wrote:Is there a plan for build the A14 near Magdeburg?
Yes, I planned to build it from Magdeburg to Dresden together with the BAB38 and the rebuild of the BAB2 to Berlin. So the current exit Irxleben will be replaced with AK Magdeburg
Last edited by FH-Fahrer on 17 Mar 2015 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information