Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 21:20

Nice work Maarten on the last two pics, nice additions to scenery! Interchange is looking better too :D

Slatkus
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2013 22:00

:shock: and speachless.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Nov 2013 15:07

More fun with the new Danish road furniture...

Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

norguy

16 Nov 2013 15:43

Wow, this seems like a very huge improvement! :D Denmark looks so much more danish with this kind of flat, "cornfield dominated" landscape. Also, the updated signs looks amazing! Keep implementing this kind of scenery to all of Denmark, and it will be really fantastic!

Edit: Just onelittle thing - are you sure you are using the right font for the speed sign?:
MandelSoft wrote:Back to the subject of real map improvements...
Compared it to some pictures, isnt it a bit different? Perhaps its just mye eyes, but with your font the digits looks a bit slimmer and taller. Not a big problem, just a very minor detail off course ;)

Laarus

16 Nov 2013 16:18

The attention to detail continues to impress.

Keep it up.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Nov 2013 16:49

norguy wrote: Edit: Just onelittle thing - are you sure you are using the right font for the speed sign?:

<snip>

Compared it to some pictures, isnt it a bit different? Perhaps its just mye eyes, but with your font the digits looks a bit slimmer and taller. Not a big problem, just a very minor detail off course ;)
You're absolutely right: the font is incorrect indeed. I'm on it right now!

(I also noticed that the French signs are off too, as well as the German ones).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

norguy

16 Nov 2013 17:13

Glad to hear you're on it ;)

Indeed, the german ones are wrong too. Quite far off actually. SCS have always made them wrong. I think they use the same speed signs all over Europe, except UK. Guess it`s just to save time.

The german signs are also a bit special with a pretty thick white line around the edge, as you see here.

Kutchek

16 Nov 2013 18:05

These modifcations impressive! Keep it up

ScuL
Founder

16 Nov 2013 21:33

MandelSoft wrote:
norguy wrote: Edit: Just onelittle thing - are you sure you are using the right font for the speed sign?:

<snip>

You're absolutely right: the font is incorrect indeed. I'm on it right now!

(I also noticed that the French signs are off too, as well as the German ones).
I don't understand how the font is incorrect.

I have copied every single Danish sign in the mod from the official documentation from Vejdiktoratet . I have 10 pdf files with a total size of 20MB that comprise of all Danish signs in existence and that's where these came from.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

busterbrown

16 Nov 2013 21:58

@Scul,
People here in the states whom worry about everything being right to prefection are called "Rivit Counters". :lol:

When I'm doing about 90Khm and see a speed sign of 50Khm, I do not look to see if the signs font is correct or not. I just try and obey the fifty part. Now if the signs total dementions were 30 feet across and the word fifty was 6 inches,or the white ( or whatever color ) border of the sign was 4 feet wide or1 footwide THEN I'd worry about the font. ;) But I'd still do the fifty.
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information