Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Platypus
Developer

15 Aug 2020 22:22

Hello,

Thanks for comments :
- City entry signs will be updated with CAPITAL names
- The idea with the Israeli flag was to include an additional connexion to Haifa in this add-on but it'll finally not be the case ...
Only a connexion to Lebanon (Tripoli) will be activated. Also the port was reworked with better asphalt texture
Mersin2.jpg
Mersin2.jpg (172.91 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Here the actual map (roads are just placed, no decor done)
Turkey.png
Turkey.png (211.95 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
Note : this map come from my game that is configured in french. Naturally, 'Iskenderun' will appear in english/turkish language

Regards,

Teurov
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2020 23:36

Hello,
Really nice looking photos! I'm really looking forward them.
However, i'd like to correct and suggest some stuff.
To start off;
The entirety of D817 between Antakya and İskenderun is a dual carriageway. It doesn't drop to a 1 lane road. The same goes for D-765 between Niğde - Nevşehir, it's also a dual carriageway.
The toll placement is a little off in some places. There's no toll plaza in O-21 just after the junction. It's in the road between D-400 and the junction. I've noticed this in Osmaniye aswell, the toll plaza should be on the exit of the junction, not in the motorway.
now some suggestions,
Please consider adding both the D-750 between Ankara-Aksaray and the new motorway (which will partly open in August and fully opened in September) (motorway in construction shown in yellow in the photo)
As the new motorway will be a little expensive, i'm sure that most of the truckers will still use D-750, since it's free and also is a dual carriageway. So i'd say that it could be a good variation to pay or not :D
I'd also suggest the coastal road between İskenderun-Arsuz-Samadağ it's a really spectacular route.
Those are just suggestions however, the decission is always yours :D

Wrona 628

15 Aug 2020 23:41

I think it will be very problematic, if even possible, due to scale
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

Teurov
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2020 23:50

While for the motorway the part between Aksaray-Nevşehir might be a little problematic, but I don't think the coastal road of Iskenderun-Samandağ will have any space problems. For the motorway however if it was decided between the motorway and the dual carriageway, i'd say the dual carriageway.
Here's a video of the coastal road between İskenderun-Samandağ (Arsuz-Samandağ section)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyFCIgBKthk

BreakerTR
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2020 09:32

Wow, I really did not expect you to expand the Turkish map this fast. Thank you for your great work, Platypus.
Engineering Student and Taxi Driver.
Using ProMods since v2.20.

Languages:
Image Image Image Image

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2020 10:53

Nice road plan :D
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

BreakerTR
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2020 12:06

Do you plan a ferry connection from Mersin to Cyprus in some way? If not, that's okay for me.
Engineering Student and Taxi Driver.
Using ProMods since v2.20.

Languages:
Image Image Image Image

o2anc61
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2020 13:31

Platypus wrote:
15 Aug 2020 17:24
Hello,

Some work done today on Middle-East addon with first views of the city of Mersin, Turkey
However, this will not be ready for next version 2.50 ...

Mersin1.jpg
Mersin2.jpg
Mersin3.jpg

Regards,
It looks great :)

But the reflective posts are from Germany I think...

Turkey has other ref.posts (They are similar with the Romanian one [content browser])
Attachments
tr2.JPG
tr2.JPG (54.26 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
TR.JPG
TR.JPG (112.63 KiB) Viewed 1010 times

mustafa01200

16 Aug 2020 14:10

Hello, Platypus. Your map looks great. I agree with your idea of ​​the Haifa port connection. There is already such a RO-RO line, but between Iskenderun and Haifa.

http://www.dfds.com.tr/iskenderun-israi ... yor/tr/503

For Iskenderun port, there is also a RO-RO line between Egypt's port of Damietta and Port Said.

http://www.dfds.com.tr/iskenderun-misir ... ler/en/411

Mersin port operates to Libya line.
Lebanon RO-RO line operates at Silifke Taşucu port. There is a RO-RO line with Cyprus for Mersin Port. The Turkish Republic of Cyprus flag can be added. There is also an RO-RO line between Mersin and the Italian port of Trieste.

http://www.dfds.com.tr/ro-ro/tr/4/mersin-trieste/667

Good work...
Last edited by mustafa01200 on 16 Aug 2020 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus
Developer

16 Aug 2020 14:15

Hello,

Here three new pictures of Mersin ;) Work is still in progress, so detail/signs need yet to be added ...
Mersin4.jpg
Mersin4.jpg (137.17 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Mersin5.jpg
Mersin5.jpg (185.36 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Mersin6.jpg
Mersin6.jpg (155.81 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Also, here some answers :

About the ferries in previous post :
- I don't plan to develop a port in each city ... No one was planned in Iskenderun, so the initial idea was indeed to make the link between Mersin and Haifa. I still have to think to this ...
- I have to see what I can do to Egypt ... Libya is out of scope for now
- Long ferry to Italy is not planned. We prefer to avoid such long lines. It's a trucking simulator after all, so you have to drive ;)
- For Cyprus, see below ...
Teurov wrote:
... The entirety of D817 between Antakya and İskenderun is a dual carriageway. It doesn't drop to a 1 lane road. The same goes for D-765 between Niğde - Nevşehir, it's also a dual carriageway ...
I agree but it's also a develmopment choice. Due to scale, we can't represent all roads, so we need to make a choice and we develop the main ones, which are generally highways.
In a country like Turkey, it would result in a map full of highways or highway-like (dual carriageway) roads, without secondary roads. It's something I want to avoid because it lacks from diversity and can become boring to drive ...
So, as a compromise, some roads are "downgraded" to smaller ones. This is not only for Turkey, it was done for most of Mid-East add-on, specially Israel (a lot of 2x1lane roads are in reality 2x2 roads)
Teurov wrote:
The toll placement is a little off in some places.
It comes mainly from the fact that I don't have all needed prefabs available for now. I can not develop them myself ... (and sometimes also from missing space due to scale)
Teurov wrote:
... Please consider adding both the D-750 between Ankara-Aksaray and the new motorway
... I'd also suggest the coastal road between İskenderun-Arsuz-Samadağ it's a really spectacular route...
Developping roads takes time and I'm alone. So choices have to be made for now. Maybe later ...
BreakerTR wrote:
16 Aug 2020 12:06
Do you plan a ferry connection from Mersin to Cyprus in some way? If not, that's okay for me.
Anyway, not from Mersin ... From Silifke, well it's going to northern part of Cyprus ... I have so to think to some idea because as discussed many times, we prefer to avoid disputed areas ...
o2anc61 wrote:
16 Aug 2020 13:31
Turkey has other ref.posts (They are similar with the Romanian one [content browser])
Hmm, I have to look if I have some other ones ...

Regards,
Last edited by Platypus on 16 Aug 2020 15:20, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information