Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Gazer75
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2016 10:43

Norway is not so bad, but I am still waiting/hoping for you guys to fix the toll booths and tunnel models for the western tunnels :P
Haven't been in this area for months as its just to painful to see them :)

ScuL
Founder

19 Jun 2016 10:46

I have not driven in Norway once since the Scandinavia DLC has been released, it's a bit of an ignored country at the moment. The sad thing is that developing Norway takes extreme amounts of time compared to other areas in the map due to its landscape.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ETS2-User
Developer

19 Jun 2016 10:59

And therefore it's very low priority since SCS have done an amazing job there despite some mistakes locals find obvious, but the majority won't even see (like me). :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Gazer75
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2016 11:14

Well from what I understand you do have people able to make new models? So if those find the urge to try make something new... That is probably what is going to take the longest to do. Replacing whats on the map with new ones shouldn't take to long?

I do not expect a rebuild in any way. Just wish those ugly tunnels and toll booths would just go away :)

Ostpuff
Developer

19 Jun 2016 19:23

We have modellers yes, but they are usually busy with other work.
Don't forget that even if noticeable for someone like you, the errors on the tunnel and tollbooth models are very small details.
The tunnels are actually more accurate than most tunnel models are on the map...
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Barrett_killz

19 Jun 2016 19:38

Yeah, there should be no rebuilds in Norway, instead I'd like to see an extension to Trondheim, Bodo, Narvik. But don't get me wrong, take your time, and as Voleyball4life would say - it's ready when it's ready. :mrgreen:

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2016 20:23

Yeah landscaping Norway in ETS2 are a challenging job. I think it was also for the teams at SCS. It took a long time for me to get more accurate landscaping. Still lot to do.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Gazer75
Donation rank:

21 Jun 2016 06:25

Ostpuff wrote:The tunnels are actually more accurate than most tunnel models are on the map...
Have to strongly disagree with you on that. The models they made for the tunnels near Oslo are actually pretty close to real.
The ones down in other countries look a lot more like the real ones than the weird ones they mashed together for western Norway.

I really do not understand how SCS could make such nice tunnel models near Oslo and then those weird ones near Bergen. There are no tunnels looking like them anywhere in this country. Its like they ran out of time and mashed together something. There are streetview images of all main roads in Norway so there is no excuse IMO.
And if they had done a wee bit of research they would also know that we have only one manual and physical toll booth left and its on the Atlantic road.
They are simple poles or gantry with camera reading plates and sensor for the Autopass chip.
Guessing they made the booths for variety or something...

Barrett_killz

21 Jun 2016 11:04

I've never been to Norway, but it felt really atmospheric, the way SCS made it. The old ProMods Norway didn't have that feeling (probably because of assets limitation) but was still good.
I absolutely love that country! Norwegians must be proud.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Jun 2016 11:34

Tunnels in most other countries are even less correct. Please stop nagging about such a triviality. There's more to ETS2 than just Norway and none of the countries are perfect. It's just that it's your home country and that deviations there are more notable (this is part of a phenomenon we call "home bias")
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information