Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LoaderSaints

31 May 2014 16:58

Okay, this may sound crazy. But as you have already started replacing all the unrealistic "splitting junctions" on the German Autobahn may I suggest you replace ALL of them in-game in EVERY country. I know it would be a big job but it would really make driving on the motorways more enjoyable experience. It doesn't matter how long it takes but it eventually should be done. And when done early there are less junctions to replace. If needed I could make a list / map of all the junctions that need replacing, just tell me and I'll do it.
NOTE: This is just "a dream of mine" but I would love to see it happen.
PS: Loving your wonderful work so far. Keep on modding! :D

Maj2235

31 May 2014 18:29

Hello Mandelsoft.
Do You have any plans to rebuild A10 Ring Berlin and maybe the whole city (like Stockholm)?
My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P85-D3 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX660 TwinFrozr IV RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: OCZ Stealth XStream 500W driving wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

steam profile

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

31 May 2014 18:34

LoaderSaints wrote:Okay, this may sound crazy. But as you have already started replacing all the unrealistic "splitting junctions" on the German Autobahn may I suggest you replace ALL of them in-game in EVERY country.
That would be quite wrong, as I know for a fact that there are some used in Switzerland... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

LoaderSaints

01 Jun 2014 05:36

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
LoaderSaints wrote:Okay, this may sound crazy. But as you have already started replacing all the unrealistic "splitting junctions" on the German Autobahn may I suggest you replace ALL of them in-game in EVERY country.
That would be quite wrong, as I know for a fact that there are some used in Switzerland... :lol:
What I meant was to replace all the ones that are unrealistic. If they exist somewhere IRL then those shall not be replaced. I don't know which countries have them and which don't. But for me that kind of junction seems insane if you are driving over 100km/h. And I know for sure that they do not exist in Finland at the least. It just bothers me as of recently I have been able to drive IRL and that way I can understand things like traffic flow and car's physics better than before. You know the feeling when you drive to a junction that splits and the signs before that do not indicate it (in the SCS part of the map). You are forced to change the lane if you want to keep on the road but there are AI cars on the other lane and your speed is over 100km/h and you have a trailer. And then stuff happens...

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2014 09:30

LoaderSaints wrote:You are forced to change the lane if you want to keep on the road but there are AI cars on the other lane and your speed is over 100km/h and you have a trailer. And then stuff happens...
The first mistake which would have been made in that situation would be to drive over 100km/h with a truck when only 80/90km/h (dependend on the country) are allowed.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Jun 2014 09:39

There are a few reasons why I started in Germany:

1. It's transit country #1 in Europe, and therefore, it's quite likely that you have to pass this country. Work on Germany has the largest relative payoff.
2. Germany and the UK are the oldest parts of the map, copied straight from GTS and UKTS. They definitely need some rework, both of them.
3. It's the most requested country to rebuild
4. More than the UK, Germany suffers from a few of my pet peeves, like incorrect signage and those single lane interchanges.
5. The UK already got some reworks, mainly in the south-east. Germany got almost none except for the part where we link up our map to the standard SCS map.
6. More than the UK, Germany really misses that Autobahn-feeling.

So yeah, that's why I started in Germany. And I'm getting quite good in getting rid of those old interchanges :D

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

rarespetrosanu

01 Jun 2014 10:39

I agree with Mandelsoft :D 100%
Germany needed these changes
I'm a fan of DE, BAB :) , it's a country that leads in many domains in EU and their highways are the fastest and the most complex with many many ''kreuz''

I hope that one day GTS for ETS2 will appear - to see all their BAB , like some guys from NL made the Dutch Map :)
Last edited by rarespetrosanu on 01 Jun 2014 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Superdavecan

01 Jun 2014 11:24

MandelSoft wrote:
There are a few reasons why I started in Germany:

1. It's transit country #1 in Europe, and therefore, it's quite likely that you have to pass this country. Work on Germany has the largest relative payoff.
2. Germany and the UK are the oldest parts of the map, copied straight from GTS and UKTS. They definitely need some rework, both of them.
3. It's the most requested country to rebuild
4. More than the UK, Germany suffers from a few of my pet peeves, like incorrect signage and those single lane interchanges.
5. The UK already got some reworks, mainly in the south-east. Germany got almost none except for the part where we link up our map to the standard SCS map.
6. More than the UK, Germany really misses that Autobahn-feeling.

So yeah, that's why I started in Germany. And I'm getting quite good in getting rid of those old interchanges :D
I quite agree! I never realised that Germany was the most requested country to rebuild, but it's definitely due for it. I hate those single-lane interchanges with a passion. :P So I'm glad to see that this is getting done!

And compared to a full expansion, I imagine that this is relatively easy ;)

lykopotoboy

01 Jun 2014 16:07

will this rebuild include city rebuilds
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

ScuL
Founder

01 Jun 2014 16:30

lykopotoboy wrote:will this rebuild include city rebuilds
Unlikely, city rebuilds are extreme time intensive
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information