[DIS] Maps compatibility

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2016 14:43

honestly I don't understand why people hurry to update to 1.25 only for some minor changes? I am perfectly fine with 1.24 and all maps and other mods working well together ;) You will find me on 1.24 for at least one more year, far away from the new bugs and errors that certainly will appear sooner or later. :mrgreen:
as for map compatibility, the subject of this topic, I learnt that maps will never be fully compatible so the best is the use several profiles with different combinations, up to now I am using successfully the following:
- ProMods 2.1 - Balkans - RusMap - EAA (+ProMods 2.1 fix)
- ProMods 2.03 - Balkans - RusMap - ROS - PJ Indo Map - ROC - Egypt
- ProMods 2.03 - Balkans - Orient Express - Eldorado - EAA (+ProMods 2.03 fix + Orient fix)
I also use as Standalone maps:
- Hungary Map
- Romania Andu Map
- Rio de Janeiro Map
I gave up to the following maps due to large skidding on trailers and poor overall quality:
- South Korea Off-road Map
- Complicated roads
- Island Map
I gave up to Forgotten Island 2 (standalone) due to many crashes
I gave up to Europe - Turkey Map due to incompatibility issues will all maps including the original game map.
I look forward to new versions of:
- Southern Region (if will have proper connection with ProMods)
- Republic of Kazakhstan (acceptable also as standalone but I would prefer as addon)
- Australia Map (if they decide to continue the work)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

brainiac
Donation rank:

14 Sep 2016 19:57

I think same. I already post similar post in Project Balkans, but there is right place. I found that more maps work together. I am using: Promods 2.1, Rusmap 1.6.3, Project Balkans, Union map (EAA separatly from Island, South Corea and complicated roads), PJ Indonesia, ROC, PRC, Eldorado and Russian open spaces. All these map work fine, only I didn't test Project Balkans. Also I didn't test new Promods and Rusmap connection. If it will not work, I will continue thus.
I like Island map because I like high traffic, and with semaphores on almost each crossroad, it is very fun.
I will download 1.25 when some of these map expand (primarily Promods or Rusmap).
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

kamikazee54

14 Sep 2016 19:58

i updated to 1.25 for that new interioir of Daf XF and also that promods released 2.11 wich fix bugs from 2.1 especially that wall in UK.

Cipus
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 09:44

brainiac wrote:I am using: Promods 2.1, Rusmap 1.6.3, Project Balkans, Union map (EAA separatly from Island, South Corea and complicated roads), PJ Indonesia, ROC, PRC, Eldorado and Russian open spaces.
I like Island map because I like high traffic, and with semaphores on almost each crossroad, it is very fun.
I tried Union map until I realised that due to the very far distance from the main map, all traffic vehicles have large skidding (more visible on trailers), I also tried separately South Korea Map (which includes also Hungary, PJ Indo, Complicated Roads, Island Map and Eldorado) and had the same disturbing skidding. so I removed it too as the skidding causes many issues on tight roads and always need to restart game, and also I hate to see a trailer that is literally dragged on the road :evil:
then I installed separately the Hungary Map, EAA, PJ Indo Map and Eldorado and the skidding is gone. Unfortunately I could not find separately South Korea, Complicated Roads and Island Map so I gave up on these...
so my question, how you survive with the traffic skidding on Union map, or perhaps you found a solution to it? ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

ETS2-User
Developer

15 Sep 2016 09:51

Do I have to say it again? There is NO SUPPORT for the Union map or Sourh Korea Adventure Map or any of this kind. These maps are pirating other people's work and we don't tolerate any support for these maps.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

CAPLV
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 10:19

brainiac wrote:I will download 1.25 when some of these map expand (primarily Promods or Rusmap).
Promods already almost week is released version 2.11 for ets2 v1.25, also RusMap 1.6.3. works excellent with Promods with new fix (you can found on RusMap thread)
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

xela1961

15 Sep 2016 10:44

At me the connection make update automatic, so when I run the program and discovered the version 1.25... and so I must wait now for the Balkans map. ProMods working with 2.11 and The RusMap 1.6.3. and the new fix.

I like to use standalone maps alone. Much better when have alone Hungary (will be only a fix for 1.25), PJ Indo, Southcorea or others like TSM...etc...

Are changes from 1.24. New towns was added and few rebuild.
Here can you read about :
http://www.promods.net/compat.php

brainiac
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 11:49

cipinho wrote:
brainiac wrote:I am using: Promods 2.1, Rusmap 1.6.3, Project Balkans, Union map (EAA separatly from Island, South Corea and complicated roads), PJ Indonesia, ROC, PRC, Eldorado and Russian open spaces.
I tried Union map until I realised that due to the very far distance from the main map, all traffic vehicles have large skidding (more visible on trailers), I also tried separately South Korea Map (which includes also Hungary, PJ Indo, Complicated Roads, Island Map and Eldorado) and had the same disturbing skidding. so I removed it too as the skidding causes many issues on tight roads and always need to restart game, and also I hate to see a trailer that is literally dragged on the road :evil:
then I installed separately the Hungary Map, EAA, PJ Indo Map and Eldorado and the skidding is gone. Unfortunately I could not find separately South Korea, Complicated Roads and Island Map so I gave up on these...
so my question, how you survive with the traffic skidding on Union map, or perhaps you found a solution to it? ;)
I don't understand what is skidding. I haven't feeling about any problem.
ETS2-User wrote:Do I have to say it again? There is NO SUPPORT for the Union map or Sourh Korea Adventure Map or any of this kind. These maps are pirating other people's work and we don't tolerate any support for these maps.
I don't understand, what I shoudn't do? What do you think with support?

Cipinho, give me your mail of facebook, if you want to talk more about Union. I don't want to break Promods' rules.

About 1.25, new maps appeared, so I will update game to 1.25.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ScuL
Founder

15 Sep 2016 12:51

If you use the Union Map you have no respect for other modders, it's a concoction full of theft, stolen data and assets
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Cipus
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2016 14:54

ETS2-User wrote:Do I have to say it again? There is NO SUPPORT for the Union map or Sourh Korea Adventure Map or any of this kind. These maps are pirating other people's work and we don't tolerate any support for these maps.
And as I said before, I do not use Union map, only accepted maps by the Euro Truck community. However it would be nice to have a list of accepted maps and even a topic where people can vote the maps ;)

CAPLV wrote:[Promods already almost week is released version 2.11 for ets2 v1.25, also RusMap 1.6.3. works excellent with Promods with new fix (you can found on RusMap thread)
Any idea if ProMods 2.11 is working also on game version 1.24? I know there are not many updates but for the bug fixes ;)
Last edited by tkk7406 on 16 Sep 2016 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not double post, use the "Edit" button instead

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information