Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Westwood255
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2015 16:59

Kobra2112 wrote:Switzerland already got a sort of facelift, although to be honest, SCS did a pretty good job of representing Switzerland in the game, so it's not that far off from IRL. The only thing (in my opinion) that should be examined is perhaps adding a road or two, or maybe adding just one more city (I know Basel was already added). Perhaps a rebuild of Zurich too if they feel like it's truly necessary. As for Austria, that's also not that bad. But hey, could be fixed again as well.
I agree, but there are still some single-lane interchanges that are really anoying in Switzerland. If they are replaced by proper ones, i think that a really good job has been done on Switzerland :)

I would like a road from Switzerland to Austria that doesn't go through Liecthenstein, as there are no direct border connection between Austria and Switzerland in PM. But it may not be possible due to the scale? ;)
927 hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 played

Profile 1:
HQ: Berlin [DE]
Level 58 (Legend)
Distance driven: 242.241 km

Profile 2:
HQ: København [DK]
Level 39 (Elite)
Distance driven: 119.594 km

ETS2-User
Developer

31 Oct 2015 17:32

I want that too. The entrances to Liechtenstein are now anything but as IRL. But indeed scale does limit us immensely here...
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Superdavecan

31 Oct 2015 17:33

Westwood255 wrote:I agree, but there are still some single-lane interchanges that are really anoying in Switzerland. If they are replaced by proper ones, i think that a really good job has been done on Switzerland :)
That's all I think is really necessary in Switzerland, to be honest... the elimination of single-lane interchanges. Actually, I think single-lane motorway interchanges should be prohibited in all countries :P since then it's by definition not a motorway anymore.

Enough about Switzerland though. I'm just happy to see that the ARP is being extended to Austria, since it definitely can't hurt to see improvements there :)

Devilagent
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2015 18:20

Totally agree about the single-lane interchanges. To be honest I have little hope those will be replaced anytime soon, in some country's they are still added to new promods roads. Anyway that is not the case on the ARP, that's why I enjoy this part so much:)

Westwood255
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2015 19:37

ETS2-User wrote:I want that too. The entrances to Liechtenstein are now anything but as IRL. But indeed scale does limit us immensely here...
Perhaps there is space to add a swiss-austrian border crossing near the swiss-austrian-italian tripoint where the swiss Hauptstrasse 27 meets the austrian B184. This border crossing is some distance away from Liechtenstein, but i don't know if it's far enough away to fit a road in? But i don't know how much this road is used IRL as it goes through a very mountanious terrain. ;)
Devilagent wrote:Totally agree about the single-lane interchanges. To be honest I have little hope those will be replaced anytime soon, in some country's they are still added to new promods roads. Anyway that is not the case on the ARP, that's why I enjoy this part so much:)
I took a job from Bielsko-Biala to Lyon yesterday, driving through most of both the Czech Republic, a part of SCS Germany and Switzerland. In both Czech Republic and Switzerland there a lot of those single-lane interchanges. I don't worry about Czech Republic as PM havn't been working there yet. But in Switzerland it looked like PM had already been working on the A1 as there were distance signs, which obviously isn't added by SCS. But in the same areas there were still 4 or 5 single-lane interchanges.. So i hope you will be working here once again to replace those interchanges, even though you have already been there to place distance signs, which ofcourse is a nice addition :)

Profile 1:
Level 58 (Legend)

Profile 2:
Level 39 (Elite)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

31 Oct 2015 20:16

Actually, there are some single lane interchanges in Switzerland, and single lane motorways as well (A4 and A8 are good examples of that).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Westwood255
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2015 20:45

I took a free camera flight to find the 4 single-lane interchanges i drove through yesterday.

They are all on the A1 motorway between Zürich and Bern. I see you have modified the signs at all 4 of them, as the exits got exit-numbers, something i presume SCS didn't make. ;)

The exit numbers for these 4 interchanges on the A1 are 45, 47, 53 and 59. I looked at them in Google street view and none of them had a continous single lane in the direction of the A1. There were always 2 or more lanes continuing. :)

Profile 1:
Level 58 (Legend)

Profile 2:
Level 39 (Elite)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

31 Oct 2015 23:18

Well, these interchanges have not been reconstructed, but that doesn't mean that we won't do that at some point in the future ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

realdeal350
Developer

01 Nov 2015 00:07

MandelSoft wrote:Actually, there are some single lane interchanges in Switzerland, and single lane motorways as well (A4 and A8 are good examples of that).
In Norway, Im pretty sure there is a single lane freeway between Oslo and Kristiansand :P
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2015 01:22

Ya really hoping to see those interchanges in Switzerland replaced. Nice driving through with the signage and all.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information