Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Superdavecan

01 Nov 2015 11:39

MandelSoft wrote:Actually, there are some single lane interchanges in Switzerland, and single lane motorways as well (A4 and A8 are good examples of that).
I stand corrected... I found some using Google Street View. But these single-lane motorway interchanges look terrible in any country... that's why I think there should be a prohibition on all new ones. I mean, the point of the ARP (and subsequent rebuilding projects) was, among other things, to eradicate these single-lane interchanges, right? ;)

Westwood255
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2015 19:30

MandelSoft wrote:Well, these interchanges have not been reconstructed, but that doesn't mean that we won't do that at some point in the future ;)
Sounds great. Maybe you should have a seperate project only about changing SCS' wrong interchanges :P
927 hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 played

Profile 1:
HQ: Berlin [DE]
Level 58 (Legend)
Distance driven: 242.241 km

Profile 2:
HQ: København [DK]
Level 39 (Elite)
Distance driven: 119.594 km

Horizon™
Developer

01 Nov 2015 20:25

That's why we have a topic here! :P - http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6722
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Jemo

03 Nov 2015 12:45

Btw. the Switzerland has never joined the EU and I don't understand why SCS didn't build a proper country border between Switzerland and the rest of the EU. At the moment you can just drive through and you're in Switzerland, while in real life you have to stop, show your ID Card etc. This is a real pain in ass.

Has the A4 in Germany been rebuilt too? Because the border with Poland doesn't really look like in real life :)
Last edited by Jemo on 03 Nov 2015 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2015 12:48

Just wait and see :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

LoaderSaints

03 Nov 2015 13:17

@Jemo
And with UE you mean EU (European Union) I guess?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Nov 2015 13:35

Jemo wrote:Btw. the Switzerland has never joined the UE and I don't understand why SCS didn't build a proper country border between Switzerland and the rest of the UE. At the moment you can just drive through and you're in Switzerland, while in real life you have to stop, show your ID Card etc. This is a real pain in ass.
Actually, despite the fact that Switzerland is not in the EU, it is part of the Schengen area. The EU and Schengen area are not one and the same:
- The UK and Ireland are part of the EU, but not part of the Schengen area. Funny enough, the border between the UK and Ireland has no border checks either.
- Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are part of the Schengen area, but not part of the EU.
- Several overseas territories are not covered by the Schengen area, even if the mother country is part of Schengen (examples: all French overseas territories, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Svalbard).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Jemo

03 Nov 2015 14:05

MandelSoft wrote:
Jemo wrote:Btw. the Switzerland has never joined the UE and I don't understand why SCS didn't build a proper country border between Switzerland and the rest of the UE. At the moment you can just drive through and you're in Switzerland, while in real life you have to stop, show your ID Card etc. This is a real pain in ass.
Actually, despite the fact that Switzerland is not in the EU, it is part of the Schengen area. The EU and Schengen area are not one and the same:
- The UK and Ireland are part of the EU, but not part of the Schengen area. Funny enough, the border between the UK and Ireland has no border checks either.
- Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are part of the Schengen area, but not part of the EU.
- Several overseas territories are not covered by the Schengen area, even if the mother country is part of Schengen (examples: all French overseas territories, the Faroe Islands, Greenland, Svalbard).
@Loadersaints

Lol right, I don't know why I wrote "UE". <facepalm>

Oh, my bad. I thought that Switzerland has completly closed borders and they check everyone's passports etc. I've just read that you still have to declare goods you have etc.

Nevermind :)

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2015 14:11

But when you go with the Lorry to Switzerland, you had to go to the toll. The Papers of every Lorry will be controled.

Schengen doesn´t mean that they are no Toll controls.
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

FH-Fahrer
Developer

03 Nov 2015 18:02

Jemo wrote:
Has the A4 in Germany been rebuilt too? Because the border with Poland doesn't really look like in real life :)
I'm pretty sure that we will come to it in ARP phase 3 ;) . The border crossing and the A4 there are bothering me, too, so it will be definitely rebuilt!
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information