Development on version 2.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
kajuslt123

17 Aug 2015 21:39

How much km will be from Tallinn to Vilnius meybe you guys know?

brejalis

17 Aug 2015 23:23

600 km; https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tallinn ... 871555!3e0
In game I don't know, but something like that I think
PS: Silly question, but give an answer and it's fine... Yes, that question was unnecessary to ask :)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2015 23:34

ZelvaCZ wrote:It is a part of European road E85 and several kilometres near Kaunas are also part of the E67 corridor, between Warszawa and Tallinn...
So that's why some roads in ETS2 have both an M and E marker on them? You just don't get this kind of stuff across the channel :lol:.

Stunning picture by the way ;).

ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2015 04:36

KubaJAM wrote:
ZelvaCZ wrote:It is a part of European road E85 and several kilometres near Kaunas are also part of the E67 corridor, between Warszawa and Tallinn...
So that's why some roads in ETS2 have both an M and E marker on them? You just don't get this kind of stuff across the channel :lol:.

Stunning picture by the way ;).
E-road numbers are used in pretty much any country from Ireland to the Caucasus, they are allocated to Britain but have never been implemented.

Off-topic info here:
http://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/vie ... =1&t=22712
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... ad_network
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Rodman
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2015 08:32

Hey, nice progress, I have really enjoyed seeing it, but I have some ideas questions and advice.

This road is absolutely useless and unrealistic. Yeah, it's being considered, but the truth is that trucks don't go there, this road is used by tourists only, it shouldn't be added since it's a trucking game and there should be built roads used mainly by trucks. What else about Kaliningrad is that it can destroy the realism. The reality is that nobody goes to Kaliningrad, except Russian truckers, Europeans don't drive there. So, I don't know is it possible to make that GPS would detour it. For example if you go from Siauliai to Gdansk, even google navigates you through Poland.

There are only two ways to get there and in both ways Kaliningrad is detoured, that's the reality, so I think the creation of Kaliningrad will steal a lot of reality from this mod.

Someone mentioned there should be trucks standing by the LT-PL border, he is right. It's the only way from Baltics to Europe so there are a lot of trucks, they stop at border just to rest, to make a small pause, to exchange the currency or something else, so there are trucks standing there at any time of the day.

Everything else is a great job, guys. You may think I'm some kinda arrogant cunt, but I just badly want this mod as realistic as possible, good luck :D

ZelvaCZ

18 Aug 2015 08:43

Sorry, but we won't leave out quite a large part of the country just because of "realism". Nobody is going to force you to go through Kaliningrad, if you want the realistic feeling you are describing, feel free to go through Marijampole and Suwałki, nobody will get hurt because of that.
And the Curonian Spit, if going to be represented, will not be marked on the map so the GPS doesn't select it ;)

Rodman
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2015 08:52

I mean isn't it really possible to forbid going through Kaliningrad as a transit country, if not, I really wish there was a solution someday :D hope SCS will make a visa system . Like you have a buy single visa to drive to Kaliningrad once. But meh, it isn't a place for my fantasy, good luck with that mod :geek:

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Aug 2015 09:11

It is possible to force vehicles to stop at a country border. This way, we can simulate customs more or less...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2015 09:30

ScuL wrote:E-road numbers are used in pretty much any country from Ireland to the Caucasus, they are allocated to Britain but have never been implemented.
Interesting, thanks ScuL ;). Clearly as a country with no land borders to others it seems pointless to implement. I wonder if they would be used in the event of Scotland going independent, though.

I think Kaliningrad should still be added, a hole would be left in the map without it. Especially seeing as you can in fact travel through it. I do think that the border control could be made to look strict like in Rusmap.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Aug 2015 09:37

Here is a nice diagram view of the entire network in subway style:

Click to view in large, zoomable format
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information