Development on version 1.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2015 17:25

Kutchek wrote:
Quaristice wrote:The speed at which you map is amazing, specially considering the quality of your work.
I can't wait for Clermont-Ferrand and Montpellier, mainly because of what's between these two cities.

These cities will aren't in the next release. Clermont Ferrand will be made for after. Montpellier ? I don't know, I don't think
What do you mean with Montpellier? Are you never going to build it, or just not for the next release? It's just that Montpellier is a a pretty big city! :D
#JeSuisCharlie

Kutchek

24 Feb 2015 18:31

Memphis84 wrote:A big pity for not having Clermont in the 1.9 :(
It's big chalenge to build Clermont in this area, because it's large scenery which involve a lots of works and optimizations.
Tijzemaes wrote:...
What do you mean with Montpellier? Are you never going to build it, or just not for the next release? It's just that Montpellier is a a pretty big city! :D
Sorry because I am not very good with english language. I think Montpellier is not ready for ProMods 2.0. But, one day, I will make Montpellier !

Memphis84

24 Feb 2015 19:22

No problem keep up the good work :)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

24 Feb 2015 19:30

Kutchek wrote:Sorry because I am not very good with english language. I think Montpellier is not ready for ProMods 2.0. But, one day, I will make Montpellier !
You should hear my French! It's for laughing more than understanding! :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Montpellier but, as I say to everyone here, please do take your time, no one is in a rush here.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Quaristice

25 Feb 2015 01:40

Kutchek wrote: These cities will aren't in the next release. Clermont Ferrand will be made for after. Montpellier ? I don't know, I don't think

I believe you will see this road (A89) in the next SNT of Squirrel. It's not that you will have in ProMods release, You will have better
I'm aware v1.9 will only go up to the A71/A89 interchange, I'm just saying that I'm hyped for when these cities eventually come.
And the road I was talking about is the A75.

Hadi588

25 Feb 2015 11:47

Thanx kutcheck...Such type of vegetation which is used in Hungary and Rusmap gives variety...So along at some parts of road you should add it, it will look very different and nice

zebenji
Graphics Designer

09 Mar 2015 21:03

Hi,

That's a really nice work you've done here. I was a bit reluctant to use ETS2 at first because France was barely there, but so far you added so much detailed roads that it's a pleasure to drive around France. Can't wait to see what's next. :)

I have a little suggestions regarding the posts which were made here. Of course I know it's a lot to ask, and I'm not even sure these suggestions are good, but feel free to keep them in mind if you're wondering which part of the country you should focus on:

- Roscoff: Someone suggested Roscoff as a port. I think there are enough ferries to England; however why not using Roscoff when/if Promods goes up to Ireland?

- Nimes: I saw it was planned on a early stage of the map. I don't know if you still think about it, but it might be tricky because in real life Nimes and Montpellier are less than 50km apart. Maybe a better suggestion would be to put one industry in Nimes area, but it will depend from Montpellier. Around Nimes you have two very famous companies: Perrier and Haribo. I'm up for delivering candies up to Rovaniemi. :D

- Valence/Avignon/Orange: Between Lyon and Marseille, you've got more than 250km and a lot of medium-sized to large cities. It could be a good idea to put one of these three towns on the map :
1. Valence is the first large city south of Lyon. Lying along the A7, it's also the start of the A49 to Grenoble, and then the Alps. You also find nearby a very large Norbert Dantressangle depot (I remember seeing it on the highway, a few miles north of Valence).
2. Orange is at the crossroads of the A7 (to Marseille) and the A9 (to Montpellier). Could be the easiest choice among the three if you want to implement a town in the area
3. Avignon is slightly after Orange but is the largest of the three towns I mentioned.

- Toulon: A personal favorite because I used to live there. It would allow you to "fill" the Mediterranean coast. It's roughly 70km from Marseille, but Marseille might be developed towards the west of the map (towards the Berre area, where you find a lot of industries). This should give some space left to develop Toulon. What's the point of putting this town on the map? Well it's the first military port in France, but it also has a nice port from where you can take a ferry to Corsica. Sure, you have the same thing in Marseille, but the main ferry company there used to be on strike all the time, and I saw a lot of people taking the ferry in Toulon instead and coming back there year after year. Plus this roundabout is an all-time favorite: the port on the right, the road to Nice on the left, and my favorite beach straight ahead!
https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.118025,5 ... gYrVRw!2e0
Maybe this town could be place at the very long term, when you'll work on Corsica.

That's all I had on my mind. But once again, congratulations for your hard work. Take your time, and whatever choices you'll make, I'm pretty sure they'll be the right ones. ;)

Kutchek

11 Mar 2015 10:02

Interesting analysis ! Thank you

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

11 Mar 2015 16:00

I'd also like to see Toulon someday. I know a few things about it so it's not what you'd call... small.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2015 20:40

Avignon is a good choice. Famous, historic city with lots to see, and the biggest city in the area.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information