Development on version 1.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
zebenji
Graphics Designer

11 Mar 2015 23:14

tkk7406 wrote:I'd also like to see Toulon someday. I know a few things about it so it's not what you'd call... small.
With more than 600k inhabitants, it's the 13th largest metropolitan area in France, above cities like Tours, Orléans or even Montpellier. The only thing is that, like a lot of large towns in the Southeast, industries appeared quite late. But I'm sure it's possible to place one or two companies - and of course the ferry port to Corsica. :D
AlexanderPope wrote:Avignon is a good choice. Famous, historic city with lots to see, and the biggest city in the area.
I agree with you, Avignon is by far the most famous of the three I mentioned. However, on a strategic point of view, I would be tempted with Valence. The A7 -and her National 7 counterpart- saw the development of a lot of companies and industries. North of Valence, you even have the HQ of Norbert Dantressangle (the historic HQ, because they moved to Lyon a few years ago). From the highway you can also find in a 30 miles radius a few quarries (around St Vallier), chemical factories (around Chanas), and people struck in traffic near Tain l'Hermitage might have seen several big boards advertising wines (Cotes du Rhone for wine amateurs). Avignon is a very nice town, but concerning industries and transport, it does not look as... thrilling as the upper Rhone valley is. Maybe as a scenery city... with a small wine depot for the Châteauneuf du Pape? :)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Mar 2015 15:45

zebenji wrote:... and of course the ferry port to Corsica. :D
Doesn't Marseille also have ferries to Corsica?
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

volan123
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 16:12

I'd love too see more cities in Southern France! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MistahDave
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2015 19:16

I know this will be a long way off, but when you get there what are the chances of building Monaco?

I won't get my hopes up though, due to it's close proximity to Nice and Italy (especially at 1/19) but I think it would be amazing to drive around.

I am a big fan of little countries like Lichtenstein and Luxembourg. Monaco, Andora and San Marino would be amazing to add in.

ScuL
Founder

13 Mar 2015 19:31

It's on my wish list, it is by far one of the harder mini states to build but it would be very nice :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MistahDave
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2015 19:46

Ahhh how exciting. I can only imagine how hard it will be to build and to drive on.

MyFaceBeHi
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2015 19:58

If you can get someone to create custom trailers you could deliver movie props to Cannes! ;)

Yes, I know that Cannes is right next door to Nice but a man can dream, can't he!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197993717807]Image[/url]

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2015 22:55

MyFaceBeHi wrote:If you can get someone to create custom trailers you could deliver movie props to Cannes! ;)

Yes, I know that Cannes is right next door to Nice but a man can dream, can't he!
Are there filmstudios in Cannes? - Saint Denis (near Paris), I thought.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

13 Mar 2015 22:57

MistahDave wrote:I know this will be a long way off, but when you get there what are the chances of building Monaco?
I thought someone said that trucks aren't really allowed into Monaco. I think Zelva said that if I'm not mistaken.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

MyFaceBeHi
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2015 23:21

Jan Verschueren wrote:
MyFaceBeHi wrote:If you can get someone to create custom trailers you could deliver movie props to Cannes! ;)

Are there filmstudios in Cannes? - Saint Denis (near Paris), I thought.
Erm, thanks for taking what I said seriously, I guess?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197993717807]Image[/url]

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information