Special Transport DLC compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
theairwolf01
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2017 21:20

Devilagent wrote:
18 Dec 2017 18:25
Since creating routes can be very time consuming and the active team becomes smaller and smaller, I hope the spare time goes into rebuilding old area's of the map so everybody will benefit. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of ST DLC, but after a few jobs it get really repetitively to be honest.
Well, i do agree with you, but i also do not. I made another profile to check out the ST DLC and i freaking loved it. So i thought,what if they try to lets say make three routes, two "easy" in Netherlands to germany, and lets say sweden, and then a hard one through countryside roads crossing two countries, that would be so amazing too. Only time will tell what they will do.

ismailscania

21 Dec 2017 21:28

theairwolf01 wrote:
21 Dec 2017 21:20
Devilagent wrote:
18 Dec 2017 18:25
Since creating routes can be very time consuming and the active team becomes smaller and smaller, I hope the spare time goes into rebuilding old area's of the map so everybody will benefit. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of ST DLC, but after a few jobs it get really repetitively to be honest.
Well, i do agree with you, but i also do not. I made another profile to check out the ST DLC and i freaking loved it. So i thought,what if they try to lets say make three routes, two "easy" in Netherlands to germany, and lets say sweden, and then a hard one through countryside roads crossing two countries, that would be so amazing too. Only time will tell what they will do.
I have plenty of time. If someone had taught me how to prepare these kind of things I would join ProMods team........ :)))
Headquarters: Istanbul.
Driving Scania S730 (8x4) at the moment.
Level 442 (2.200.000 km + )
Promods + Rusmap + Southern Region.
18 large garages.82 trucks.

fikri.noh

23 Dec 2017 18:28

So, do the DLC's route editing is similar to editing the AI traffic routes?

Vøytek
Developer

23 Dec 2017 19:27

What do you mean by "AI traffic routes"?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

mateush05

23 Dec 2017 20:41

I think AI route is [ AI is going left here, now is going straight, now is going right etc .].
Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

ExplodedgamesPromods

23 Dec 2017 23:43

Hello, i know the team of Promods is working hard on the ST DLC Compatibility with promods and i would like to ask you to make the missions a bit more challenging... in the original map the routes are rather short. maybe mix in some long ones... maybe extremely long challenges?
also the reward for the jobs are always very low, maybe a thing to alter aswell.

kind regards,

LuisP8

24 Dec 2017 01:35

ExplodedgamesPromods wrote:
23 Dec 2017 23:43
Hello, i know the team of Promods is working hard on the ST DLC Compatibility with promods and i would like to ask you to make the missions a bit more challenging... in the original map the routes are rather short. maybe mix in some long ones... maybe extremely long challenges?
also the reward for the jobs are always very low, maybe a thing to alter aswell.

kind regards,
That's very unlikely.. In real life this oversized or special cargoes rarely travel long distances (rarely, not never, though) and the reason is that ground transportation of this cargoes is a logistical "pain in the a$$" so they try to minimize traffic and civilian interactions when moving this loads. How? Well, take the a380 manufacturing in tolouse, France. The parts are delivered from different assembly facilities located on France, Italy and Germany if I'm correct (at least when the airplane production started it was, now I believe they do it all in France). bottom line is the wings, turbofans and other parts where shipped to France by air (if they fit in the airbus beluga used for airbus cargoes) or by sea, on special transport boats. If a ground section was unavoidable, they tried to minimize the lenght of the route as much as possible, and it was a real logistical challenge since those were real oversized and fragile cargoes. The ones in STDLC are not so oversized, yet some of them are real challenging due to measures and length. Other reasons long-distance routes are very unlikely is fue to fuel capacity (rarely a truck has more than 600lts of fuel capacity, but again, if they are specially adapted to long distance transportation they may fit large tanks). fuel is an issue, and its because when (and you will) run out of diesel, you will definitely not fit into any normal gas station, and depending on the weight you're pulling, the truck will run out of fuel faster. And finally, the rest stops. You cannot drive more than 10h in a row so with the speed limited to 60k/h on this special cargoes, your 10h will be very long and your traveled distance relatively low, meaning you'll sleep a lot too (depending on the length and the route)
For this reasons I'm sure long-distance ST won't be on the table for now, nevertheless, if they figure a work around this issues, it may come up something really fun! ;););)
Shiftin' gears all night long thru country roads, slick!
ETS2: ProMods 2.26 + RusMap 1.8 + Scandinavia Mod // EAA BUS MAP
ATS: C2C 2.4 + CanaDream 2.4 + VivaMex 2.4 + Mexico Extremo 1.9B + US Expansion 2.1

ScuL
Founder

24 Dec 2017 03:43

Very long distance ST is not possible anyway because you can't refuel or sleep..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

erkinalp

24 Dec 2017 07:30

Promods, you can route it through fuel stations if it is not a high cargo. Sleeping, on the other hand, requires a code modification.

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2017 09:27

Reading this thread (which is a common thing to do before posting 'is this DLC compatible with Promods?') I realise this will take a long while. Especially when I saw there was a route from Brussels and then compared Vanilla Brussels to the Promods version... Personally I would suggest the Promods team to relax a bit before tackling this massive headache, celebrate the holidays and start fresh in January. SCS has overdone it a bit on this one, so best of luck!

For the next few months I still have my hands full with the Italy DLC, the amazing work you guys put into 2.20 (I have yet to go all the way north, haven't properly explored Romania and just noticed you guys have now reworked Aberdeen as well...), and I haven't even fully explored the previous heavy cargo DLC from SCS (both for ETS and ATS)

I honestly don't understand why people are pushing for this so much, just enjoy what the game is now and let this new DLC wait a bit (or buy it now to at least support SCS)

Happy holidays!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information