Development on version 2.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Pizzano
Donation rank:

12 Sep 2015 21:45

The ProMods Latvian license plate def is a bit wrong. The template is 01-3222 and 01-322, which is correct, but def 0 includes all the letters from A to Z. But if you really live in Latvia and pay attention to all the license plates around, you can see that the first letter almost every time will be from A to K. That's because license plates are given alphabetically.The first one was AA-1 (stored in a museum) and last one( at least according to this system) is going to be ZZ-9999. Right now the latest license plates have KC-xxxx as the front letters. Of course, there are some exceptions, like PO-xxxx or VR-xxxx (or LA-xxxx for armed forces) or TX, TY for cars registrated as taxis. And there are some license plates with, like MN or LK in front, but all of them have 2 numbers following the letters (like MK-xx), of course there extremely rare exceptions like custom license plates like "PATA AB1" or "LTV 1" but these types of licene plates aren't in ETS2. Vehicles with first letters A to E most of the times have that little Latvian flag instead of European Union one, so those letters could be taken out from def 0 too. Well than...in my opinion ProMods Latvian license plate def 0 should include letters from F to K, or from A to K.

Vladzz-G
Developer

12 Sep 2015 22:10

@Pizzano: These license plates was made by me and I think, that I'm done all corect. Why?

I have tested all versions of our LPs, and I can say following:
♦ The LPs series "AA- 1 ", and "AA - 11" looks too bad in ETS2, so I haven't made them.
♦ In ETS2 I only made "AA- 111" and "AA-1111" LPs system.
♦ I have already removed letter "T" as first letter, as it belongs to motorcycles.
♦ I also know, that "LA" is for army forces, but "Lx" - for any vehicles. Unfortunately, ETS2 system is limited, and I can't sign the letter combination exceptions in def files.
♦ Letters "I, W, X, Y" are already removed by me from our LPs, as our LPs used only letters from latvian alphabet.
To be honest, I don't want to make any changes, as I already have made them as realistically, as I can.

This is my constructive answer to your suggestion.

P.S. [Latvian] Ja Tev rodas kādas neskaidrības angļu valodā, Tu vari viegli sazināties latviski sekojošā linkā: http://promods.net/viewforum.php?f=34 ;)
(If you have some misunderstanding in English, you can easily communicate in latvian in given link.)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Pizzano
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2015 06:46

@Vladzz-G: Just look around the streets, and you will probably see that ~ 90% of LPs have C,D,E,F,G,H,J or K as the first letter. And if you manage to see a LP with letters L-Z in front, these will have only 2 digits following (NB-xx).
Last edited by Pizzano on 13 Sep 2015 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

KUMODE

13 Sep 2015 11:49

If you're talking about immersion, then yes - it should be corresponding to the current series, however I don't mind seeing an occasional ZZ-666 plate (which you can get by paying extra! :) ).

mantazzo

22 Sep 2015 10:53

Panevėžys looks pretty much spot on for me - I instantly recognised the spot in the first picture. Great work! Can't wait to finally drive on the roads I know :D
(Also, although I'm from Šiaulių Apskritis, Panevėžys is closer from my place than Šiauliai and I spent a lot of time driving the road from Smilgiai to Panevėžys (about 25km distance).)

aleksei.sark.5

25 Sep 2015 08:19

Hello! What other city planning in Estonia? Narva and Haapsalu will promods 2.0 or will have to wait?

martinusK

26 Sep 2015 15:47

This is my 1000th post. This is my thank you to ProMods. :)

I'm writing this in the Project Euromir topic as it is the reason i found and followed ProMods.
I've followed ProMods since the development of Flensburg.

I would like to thank the entire team of ProMods for all the amazing work they've done in the last years and for the oppurtunity to participate in the development as both a spectator and a beta-tester.. Every region has a different atmosphere, every region has recieved the attention and detail it deserved. The community here is amazing - the devs, the mods,the beta-testers, the regular users - all are so friendly and helpful.

Thank you for days and days of driving pleasure, excitement and relaxation. :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 20:00

aleksei.sark.5 wrote:Hello! What other city planning in Estonia? Narva and Haapsalu will promods 2.0 or will have to wait?
They will come but not in 2.0
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

OssiTheTrucker

26 Sep 2015 21:04

Maybe you could post some new pictures? Or any news? :D
My languages: German, English, Latvian, and a bit of Russian and Spanish :)
MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 , Intel Core i5 6600k 3.50 GHz

mbman212
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2015 21:52

They'll be announced when there is something to tell. If here is no news, the devs are building the map.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information