Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Platypus
Developer

18 Feb 2021 15:24

Hello,

Some additional news for today ...

Here is something that will appear in the main area, but only with the Mid-East add-on installed.
This installation is quite temporary and subject to changes in following versions ...
It will however help a lot awaiting the Turkish connection is completed, what I'm afraid, will request a lot of time...
Port.jpg
Port.jpg (153.73 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Also, about the questions :
mrkhmd wrote:
18 Feb 2021 02:52
... add/replace an aircraft with one that has the livery of the national airlines (Royal Jordanian)
Indeed, I know this company. A very nice livery by the way, not so easy to paint with the limitations of the plane model.
However, it's now done. One at the gate at Amman airport, another taxiing. A third one is also waiting for take-off at Beirut airport.
RJ1.jpg
RJ1.jpg (209.91 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Airport was already indicated as 'Queen Alia' on the road signs.
Mooner_37 wrote:
17 Feb 2021 23:15
Found the new city in Iraq :P It's Al-Qa'im in my opinion. Will it be connected by desertic road 12 too to Highway 1 or more a dead end?
Final point actually. Connection to highway 1 near Ramadi is a lot of work. Let see what Horizon will intend to do and also let time to him ;)
NoveauCastrian wrote:
18 Feb 2021 02:24
Minor tidbit but since it's Turkey it should be spelled 'İskenderun' with the dotted İ character. Is this something that can be changed?
Yes, it's already ok. It appears as 'Alexandrette' on screenshots because I'm french speaking an that dotted ' İ ' is not easy to type with my keyboard.
However, in the translations and on the road signs in game, it's correctly written.
mPetez wrote:
18 Feb 2021 13:14
Hopefully the new ferry connections will have a board large enough that there will be no problems with longer trailers.
This needs yet to be investigated ...

Regards,

LemonT_

18 Feb 2021 23:01

Took me a while to do, but I made a map with the current state of development on Turkey. I also added some more stuff, for example potential future extensions.

map.jpg
map.jpg (895.36 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

Red: Added towns and roads
Orange: Currently in development
Green: Potential future extensions
Blue: Extension ideas*
Grey: Existing towns and roads

*Please note that this is still just an idea. Platypus has neither denied or confirmed this, nor has he mentioned this in his posts.

Platypus
Developer

19 Feb 2021 00:30

Sorry, but I don't like too much such concept maps. I would greatly appreciate to avoid this.
Reason is that it gives the false idea to some players that this will come, while others can't refrain to ask even more ...
At the end, it could even put pressure on the developper ... me ... In my case, feeling pressure leads to slowed or paused project for a while.

So, I have just to DENY this is in developpement ! Sorry, but I'm actually alone working on this area (and others in ME), during my limited freetime.

However :
- Red is correct : Antakya, Iskenderun are in 2.51, Mersin is confirmed for next version.
- Orange is rather false : Adana link and Osmaniye are really in construction. The rest remains a long term project.
- Blue et Green extensions are NOT planned at all.

Thank you for understanding.

Frate
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2021 01:09

I don´t think that he wanted to put any pressure on you and neither he did not say that all of those areas are in developpment. He seems to be really interested in your work and put in some time and created the map to appreciate it. Appart from the existing areas, that map is more like his ideas of what areas could be build next.

Now looking at the map myself, instead of going east to Sanliurfa and Kayseri, I think it is more important to fill the gap in the west, meaning a connection from Mersin to Tekirdag over Antalya, Denizli, Izmir and Canakkale. On top of that a ferry to Greece would be also possible starting in Izmir.

LemonT_

19 Feb 2021 02:07

Platypus wrote:
19 Feb 2021 00:30
Sorry, but I don't like too much such concept maps. I would greatly appreciate to avoid this.
Reason is that it gives the false idea to some players that this will come, while others can't refrain to ask even more...
At the end, it could even put pressure on the developper... me ... In my case, feeling pressure leads to slowed or paused project for a while.

So, I have just to DENY this is in developpement ! Sorry, but I'm actually alone working on this area (and others in ME), during my limited freetime.

However :
- Red is correct : Antakya, Iskenderun are in 2.51, Mersin is confirmed for next version.
- Orange is rather false : Adana link and Osmaniye are really in construction. The rest remains a long term project.
- Blue et Green extensions are NOT planned at all.

Thank you for understanding.
Frate wrote:
19 Feb 2021 01:09
I don´t think that he wanted to put any pressure on you and neither he did not say that all of those areas are in developpment. He seems to be really interested in your work and put in some time and created the map to appreciate it. Appart from the existing areas, that map is more like his ideas of what areas could be build next.

Now looking at the map myself, instead of going east to Sanliurfa and Kayseri, I think it is more important to fill the gap in the west, meaning a connection from Mersin to Tekirdag over Antalya, Denizli, Izmir and Canakkale. On top of that a ferry to Greece would be also possible starting in Izmir.
Yup! I didn't want to put any pressure on, since afaik you're the only one who is currently working on the add-on (I'd be willing to help, but I dont know much of developing right now). However, I will remove my concepts and keep it as close to the things you've mentioned.

NoveauCastrian

19 Feb 2021 07:53

We would all like to see a route built through Turkey from İstanbul to Mersin, but development takes time and there's no point in speculating on updates that won't release for months or years. Let's not rush the devs, just wait and they'll announce it when they have something to show you.

Having said that, I think an extension to Silifke would be good as iirc there's a ferry to Girne in the TRNC there. Also Lemon, you have forgotten about the new Turkish / Georgian border checkpoint. I think there's a good chance we'll see some development in north eastern Turkey soon, like Hopa and Ardeşen or perhaps even Rize too. Whatever is coming I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

mrkhmd

19 Feb 2021 14:30

Platypus wrote:
18 Feb 2021 15:24
Indeed, I know this company. A very nice livery by the way, not so easy to paint with the limitations of the plane model.
However, it's now done. One at the gate at Amman airport, another taxiing. A third one is also waiting for take-off at Beirut airport.
RJ1.jpg
Airport was already indicated as 'Queen Alia' on the road signs.
FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC JOB!
I know that development and mapping take time *I tried to edit the original ETS2 map not the mod map for the first time and I failed :D* and the livery is nice and accurate as of the actual livery.

I wish I could help you with the map since I'm a local lad, maybe suggesting little "cosmetic" adjustments and tweaks [e.g: route 45 (Amman Development Corridor - ممر عمان التنموي) is a highway that connects Mafraq and the north with Airport and Aqaba without passing through Amman is indicated in your map as route 15 and its signs are a mix of green and blue signs, even I dunno why :lol:]
Walkthrough video from the road itself: https://youtu.be/BjatPuV76Rk

Some tweaks as the example if it can be done it will make the map, even more, closer to reality. So far [regarding the scaling etc..] everything is accurate and spot on apart from that "cosmetic change suggestion".

Thank you Platypus, I really appreciate it. :)

**EDIT**: I looked at the mod and Google maps. It turns out that route 45 starts from that last bridge before Zarqa and ends at the last bridge before the airport bridge. The funny thing is that the Zarqa-Mafraq section IS ACTUALLY ROUTE 15 TOO, so FYI route 15 connects Zarqa with Al-Mafraq and has another part that connects Amman with the south (Airport, Al-Karak and Ma'an), it sounds illogical but its the government's decision after all ;)

**ANOTHER EDIT**: I remembered another cosmetic thing to be adjusted if possible, the police cars skin is old (replaced by a new black and white one in 2016) that's everything I spotted till this moment.

Images of the new Police cars skins:

The old one -which I believe you took it from wikipedia-:
Last edited by mrkhmd on 14 Mar 2021 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Image mrkhmd

LemonT_

19 Feb 2021 20:00

NoveauCastrian wrote:
19 Feb 2021 07:53
We would all like to see a route built through Turkey from İstanbul to Mersin, but development takes time and there's no point in speculating on updates that won't release for months or years. Let's not rush the devs, just wait and they'll announce it when they have something to show you.

Having said that, I think an extension to Silifke would be good as iirc there's a ferry to Girne in the TRNC there. Also Lemon, you have forgotten about the new Turkish / Georgian border checkpoint. I think there's a good chance we'll see some development in north eastern Turkey soon, like Hopa and Ardeşen or perhaps even Rize too. Whatever is coming I'm sure it'll be fantastic.
Oh, I didn't know that. Will note that down for next time then.

worldisblack

19 Feb 2021 20:04

Thats really nice to see such progress in Turkey! Thank you a lot for your efforts. Really excited to see Adana in future.

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

LemonT_

19 Feb 2021 20:58

As promised, I updated the map. Everything is focused on the essentials.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 200927.jpg
Screenshot 2021-02-19 200927.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1077 times
Screenshot 2021-02-19 194605.jpg
Screenshot 2021-02-19 194605.jpg (633.68 KiB) Viewed 1075 times

Red: Added towns and roads
Orange: Currently under construction
Brown: Overview over the project
Grey: Existing towns and roads

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information