Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LA-MJ
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 08:09

aren't goats more popular these days? ;)

Purno
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 08:54

When temperatures are a few degrees above zero, it's warm enough to rain, but not warm enough for the snow to smelt.

So, rain on snow-covered areas is perfectly valid. ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 09:04

tkk7406 wrote: Isn't it supposed to snow there? I mean, yes, no rain but what about snow? It's possible (since you get it in a bunch of winter mods).

What you could do simply is make it rain where there's grass, make it snow where there's snow and (because I'm not a pro at all about Iceland and know next to nothing about it) if there's any places where there is no rain or snow, use the no weather option. Job done and end of story.

A winter mod replaces the complete "climate". Everywhere in europe it looks like an ice age. I know enough about Winter Mods. I made the first proper one (for interested people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSEoMVFR0s)

It's possible to create snow from rain (just change the rain drop texture files). To have it both: not possible yet. SCS first needs to make code changes which hopefully will happen in the future with their climate system.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

kallejre

12 Dec 2014 12:49

Minor problem is temperature on dashboard, but luckily at least I couldn't read it.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 12:51

Can also be adjusted with a winter mod but temperatures are not yet controlled by the climate system.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 13:20

Complicated stuff once you get started ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Dec 2014 15:33

jdenm8 wrote:
As far as my understanding of the game goes, you can have rain or you can have something that's not rain, like snow or cows. You can't have rain and cows in different places at the same time. You can't even have varying weather. If it's raining in Kuopio, it's raining in Bordeaux, Aberdeen and Debrecen too.

You can have Rain everywhere or Cows everywhere.
I didn't actually think of that (even though I know that's true) but if SCS was to give a helping hand to this they could separate the climate situations across Europe (and, realistically, they'll have to because it cant be 28.C in Finland all year round). If it's possible for them to put a no weather zone in the Californian Desert (which they did) then it should be (theoretically) possible for them to have dual-climate zones across the continent. Of course, Iceland isn't going to come out soon, so SCS do have time ahead.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

ZelvaCZ

12 Dec 2014 16:12

SCS doesn't care too much about modders and their plans.

But I think that they could improve the weather with coming DLC Scandinavia, because there is not a big weather difference between e.g. northern Germany and northern Italy, but a big difference between Uppsala or Bergen and nothern Italy.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 16:43

ZelvaCZ wrote:SCS doesn't care too much about modders and their plans.
Oh but they do, of cource SCS needs to stick to their business plans but generally speaken they do care

You would know if you followed squirrels video blogs
Interview with Pavel Sebor (1 year ago)

It's due to the modders they keep updating ETS2 and create DLC's as the game has a huge world wide fan base, it's easy money in the pocket, a cash cow so to speak

SCS are working on a per-sector weather climate profiles, eg different climates from south to north
http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/modd ... es_114.php
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

ZelvaCZ

12 Dec 2014 16:49

I know that they work on these sectors and I like their job :)

I said it wrong, I wanted to say that they won't just implement a new feature just because one or two modders need it.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information