Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Purno
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 17:26

ZelvaCZ wrote:I said it wrong, I wanted to say that they won't just implement a new feature just because one or two modders need it.
Unless the requested feature has a huge fanbase. :P

I think modders are putting the game to the limits, and it's a good way to poll what the community wants. They're running into problems, but also finding solutions, that SCS themselves wouldn't have experienced. A per-sector climate control system could work in SCS's favor too. Apparently, our fanbase wants snow. Our fanbase is also SCS's fanbase. If enough people want snow, and willing to pay for it, SCS would be silly not to make it :P

volan123
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 17:33

Purno wrote:
ZelvaCZ wrote:I said it wrong, I wanted to say that they won't just implement a new feature just because one or two modders need it.
Unless the requested feature has a huge fanbase. :P

I think modders are putting the game to the limits, and it's a good way to poll what the community wants. They're running into problems, but also finding solutions, that SCS themselves wouldn't have experienced. A per-sector climate control system could work in SCS's favor too. Apparently, our fanbase wants snow. Our fanbase is also SCS's fanbase. If enough people want snow, and willing to pay for it, SCS would be silly not to make it :P
First thing that comes in my mind, you said if people are willing to pay for snow but it's most likely to be included in a free future update, so why pay for it? XD
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Dec 2014 19:59

tkk7406 wrote:If it's possible for them to put a no weather zone in the Californian Desert (which they did) then it should be (theoretically) possible for them to have dual-climate zones across the continent.
With the only difference that no weather areas already exist. Everybody who's able to open the editor can also place no weather areas. They're used in tunnels f.e. :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Purno
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2014 20:02

I'm fine with rain in Iceland, so it's no no-weather zone. ;)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Dec 2014 20:26

ZelvaCZ wrote: I said it wrong, I wanted to say that they won't just implement a new feature just because one or two modders need it.
Well:

1. They'll have to because, as you pointed out, Scandinavia has a different climate zone with Italy.
2. SCS know Promods very well (and, in their blog, they posted some pictures of the Promods team visiting them in Prague) and together they are working to make the DLC. DLC Scandinavia owes itself partially to the Promods team.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2014 00:05

Simply on the topic of Iceland, I just watched this beautiful video........... http://vimeo.com/112360788

It should keep everyone inspired :D
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Dec 2014 10:01

Simply beautiful. It would be soo cool if one day polar lights could be added…
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2014 10:18

ETS2-User wrote:Simply beautiful. It would be soo cool if one day polar lights could be added…
Oh wow, never thought about that. But since SCS is updating their weathersystem, I hope it would be possible :D Would be a nice addition to the North of Scandinavia and Iceland :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Purno
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2014 11:14

Meanwhile, Akureyri turns out to be an incredibly time-consuming city to make. A few shots of the WIP so far;

XZV

13 Dec 2014 11:27

Looks awesome! Can't wait :D
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information