ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Callipso
Donation rank:

29 May 2016 20:57

The devs aren't wizards you know, they haven't mastered the basics of how to create a map with a stroke a stick. though they are working with the abilities they have available so Ireland will take time to create its not going to happen overnight.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 May 2016 22:47

bumbumek wrote:So it's sad :( Ireland is the most anticipated area by me, and I was hoping to see few Irish cities in v2.1 - but there is nothing we can do, sh...t happens.

We cannot count on SCS, because they are making their France forever and ever (and releasing useless stuff in latest patches), so the only hope is you, dear ProMods team ;)
May I say one word for you?

Priorities!

Basically, our main priority is not to start new projects, but to finish projects we already started. Other projects that are much anticipated. For instance, the ARP phase 3, with Nürnberg, Leipzig and even more rebuild Autobahns. Or the BRP (phase 1), with a completely renewed Brussels, a largely rebuilt Belgium and with Arnhem and Eindhoven in the Netherlands. These are a few examples of projects that are big and that we need to wrap up for - you know - actually releasing ProMods 2.10 anytime soon. Starting new projects would mean that this would create more gaps, more work to close these gaps and finish the work and therefore it will take longer to prepare a release it. And neither you nor I are waiting for that. So we work our asses off to get stuff done. Because ProMods can't run on potential that has never been realised.

Here's our status right now: For the past two months, we have started to finish running projects. So far, this works out pretty well: The BRP and parts of Italy, as well as Liepaja and Western Estonia are being tested by our beta testers. But there is a lot more to be done:
  • Though the ARP phase 3 is nearing completion, there are still quite some gaps to be taken care of and areas that need to be polished;
  • The Western Fjords in Iceland are well under way;
  • Klaipeda needs to be finished, but even more are the surrounding roads towards it;
  • Rezekne is progressing well and may take just a week or two to be finished;
  • Barcelona is experiencing heavy performance issues despite being not finished yet. And with heavy performance issues I mean that it already tanks below 20 fps without any traffic or your own truck. Yeah, that will fry your low-end system and we don't want that...
  • Bilbao is still under construction;
  • The E4 also needs a lot of work, and the towns along it as well;
  • Vaasa and surroundings have stalled in development;
  • The Barentz Sea Project still needs to be connected to the rest of the map through Finland;
  • The area around Gdańsk is pretty complex. Some areas are quite complete, while the rest looks more like Swiss cheese: full of holes;
  • Wien, which is quite huge on our map, is half done, while the other half is pretty much just landscaped roads;
  • Even Italy is missing signage (but we put it in the beta anyway to iron out obvious bugs like invisible walls);
  • The CzRP has been put in the Project Freezer in favour to speed up the other projects;
  • Portugal has been stalled in favour of finishing Italy. Portugal is at this point very far away from any part of the map;
  • France is quite uncertain. We have to inspect what the DLC has to offer and how it will affect our mod. The connection to Spain from Toulouse to the Spanish border is ready, however. It's only the Spanish side that's largely unfinished;
  • There is no development in the following countries being done right now or in the short term before 2.1: the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania and Bulgaria (except for Ruse, which DeusHorizon did make and which is already in our Beta).
  • The UK will continue development, but the rebuilds in Southern England it will not be included in 2.1, since it's too rudimentary and fragmented at this stage and we don't see it being ready at the time we plan to prepare for the 2.1 release. NO, THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE A SET RELEASE DATE! JUST A GUIDELINE!
  • Ireland? Forget it for 2.1! Have you even read the above list how much stuff we still need to do?
We have enough on our plate already. We can't handle Ireland right now. It's as simple as that. Quality does not only take time and effort; it also requires to set your priorities right to make sure you have any results. Promises create debt, and someday you have to pay that debt...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vøytek
Developer

29 May 2016 23:41

And I'd like to add, that everyone will find something that he'll love and that's why you have to wait so long - it's called quality. And ProMods quality takes a lot of time ;)
I didn't like old Ruse but now it's really a great improvement.
MandelSoft wrote:Even Italy is missing signage (but we put it in the beta anyway to iron out obvious bugs like invisible walls);
And we hit this walls a lot (sometimes it's painful...) so you won't hit them after the release ;)

We found ~200 bugs in 2.1 so far and we're not finished yet.

Remember, it's ready when it's ready
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Callipso
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 06:19

I haven't been on the beta for awhile since I'm focused on getting new models for these guys to use to make the map even more pretty. though I have a tip for you guys looking for them, they are almost too obvious to find with the editor with g_colbox enabled, just walk around the map a bit and take photos its about that easy. you can report them all at once. hopefully I'll get in on the fun again soon though I miss driving the map :)

ProKangur1337

30 May 2016 09:22

What next with the expansion of Italian, you will broaden areas to the south ?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 10:43

Who knows, you will see in the future ;)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

bumbumek

30 May 2016 12:37

Dear MandelSoft, thank you for such specific reply!

I understand you very clearly, I was not complaining, nor judging you that you are doing nothing, I know you got a lot on your minds guys (not to mention of your private lifes). I was just expressing my selfish point of view, which I know is sometimes somewhat inappropriate ;)

But it seems, that v2.1 will contain rebuilds mostly, with totally new cities in minority - again, not a complaint. Well, maybe just little :D

We all appreciate what you guys doing for us, and please forgive us, that sometimes we demand something, to which we shoudn't have the right!

Cheers, and very best regards.

Josh0

30 May 2016 14:39

bumbumek wrote:But it seems, that v2.1 will contain rebuilds mostly, with totally new cities in minority
Any new cities in ProMods 2.10 would not be announced by the team prior to release, so that they are a surprise. I am sure Mr. MandelSoft did not mention any in his list for this very reason.

KMCzFusions
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 20:02

Zniwek wrote:Check for updates here: http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11816
When development in Ireland will start, devs will share some awesome news for sure :)
ok thanks! i guess it will be ready when it's ready :lol:

dfumagalli

31 May 2016 17:18

Hello,

I am a new and really thankful user!

I have noticed Italy is missing some key features even in the SCS default map and current ProMods as well. In example, it's missing a big portion of what's possibly the 2nd most important Italian speedway. Where should I put in the details?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information