KUDOS to the devs

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 07:08

I am pretty sure I was somewhere in Sweden... PM2 country... delivering some nasty ol' chemical containers to some godforsaken industrial zone out on a rough road. Pulled into the yard (a bit tricky getting into the target parking space there) and was amused to see a guy in a hi-viz vest sitting on a crate or something, ahead and to my R as I entered the gate. I thought "I wonder if he's just a lawn ornament, or if he moves."

Next moment I almost fell off my chair laughing, 'cos the guy looks up, looks at my truck, looks at his watch, looks down again... maybe at a clipboard... It was the most lifelike and hilarious AI action I have seen so far. Congrats to whoever left that charming easter egg for us to find.

OTOH speaking of lawn ornaments, there is this police officer (also wearing hi-viz) standing by his car at an intersection somewhere in CZ I think, and he's been standing there every time I drive by, day or night, never moving. I'm beginning to think he's a statue :-) kinda like a decoy duck on a lake...

But the "look at the time, we expected you hours ago, where the hell you been" guy in the yard (in Sweden?) was a mini masterpiece. Thanks for that! The sense of Wow lasts a very long time with PM2.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Feb 2016 16:35

Actually, thank SCS for that. They made these wonderful animated characters ;)
(For me, honestly, it feels bad to get credit for something you didn't do. A sort of a false achievement. So, credit where credit is due...)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 20:17

@Mandel, so you can place these animated AI folks at your discretion when you use the world-builder? what a great resource. I noticed some animated road workers on a recent afternoon transit of a country highway -- a guy with a jackhammer plus 3 guys standing around with clipboards and so on, very realistic :-) I will post a bouquet for scs, thanks.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information