Game crash near Andorra

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
harrygooz33
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 00:51

Hi,
Had ProMods alongside RusMap for a few days now and it is fantastic! Excellent work guys :D

Just driven out of Andorra (that road is so fun!) and headed towards Toulouse however once I get to the first toll booth, the game crashes.

I'm now unable to complete my delivery via that road and have to either drive the long way around towards Bordeaux, or cancel the job. Such a shame. Here is my game log:

Code: Select all

00:08:40.342 : Nothing to activate
00:08:40.370 : Nothing to activate
00:08:40.397 : Nothing to activate
00:08:58.119 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.119 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmd'
00:08:58.119 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.119 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmg" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.119 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmg'
00:08:58.120 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmd'
00:08:58.120 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmg" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.120 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_sward.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.120 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_sward.pmd'
00:08:58.120 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmg'
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [model] Model descriptor '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmd' is malformed.
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [model] Model geometry '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmg' is malformed.
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [model] Model descriptor '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmd' is malformed.
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [model] Model geometry '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green1.pmg' is malformed.
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_sward.pmg" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.145 : <ERROR> [model] Model descriptor '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_sward.pmd' is malformed.
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_dense.pmg" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_dense.pmg'
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_dense.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_dense.pmd'
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_sward.pmg'
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [ld] Failed to open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmd'.
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_daisy.pmd" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_daisy.pmg" in the read_only mode
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> model_template.cpp(560): ?cache_data_handler@model_template_u@prism@@UAEXXZ: Failed to load model descriptor (.pmd) or model geometry (.pmg) for '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_green2.pmg'.
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_daisy.pmd'
00:08:58.146 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/model/vegetation/grass/fr_grass_daisy.pmg'
Truck: Scania S730
Map: ProMods v2.32

Image Image

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2016 01:56

Log is not complete, I take it it surpassed the character limit for the forum? -use http://pastebin.com to post a full log and link it from here.

There is a workaround to complete the job. Enabling developer mode.

In Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2, find a file named config.cfg and open it with a text editor.

Find the lines which read:

uset g_developer "0" and uset g_console "0"

and change them to:

uset g_developer "1" and uset g_console "1", save and exit.

What his does is give you a console under the tilde key (to learn about commands, Google "ETS2 console commands") and, more importantly, an extra freecam viewpoint under the "0" key. This camera can be steered with the numeric keyboard and the mouse as follows.

8 - 5 = forward - back
4 - 6 = left - right
9 - 3 = up - down
mouse = pan - tilt

This can be used to fly past obstacles or get yourself unstuck in the game. If you place this viewpoint really close to the ground, and I mean really, really close, preferably so that you can see under the road texture at the bottom of your screen (console command g_flyspeed xxx helps with this, standard value is 100, but try 20 for precise camera movements), you can teleport your truck there by pressing shift+F9.

Note that, if you're on a job, your whole truck will always teleport, even if you detached your trailer earlier, so make sure there's room and if, e.g., you're teleporting to a hard shoulder, make sure your view is lined up parallel to the road, otherwise your trailer might land on the crash barrier or in traffic. Also: always teleport to fairly level ground; the game doesn't handle teleporting onto steep hills well.

Anyhow: unusual place for your game to crash. A full log will be a must to get to the bottom of this.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

harrygooz33
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2016 15:29

Jan Verschueren wrote:Log is not complete, I take it it surpassed the character limit for the forum? -use http://pastebin.com to post a full log and link it from here.

There is a workaround to complete the job. Enabling developer mode.

In Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2, find a file named config.cfg and open it with a text editor.

Find the lines which read:

uset g_developer "0" and uset g_console "0"

and change them to:

uset g_developer "1" and uset g_console "1", save and exit.

What his does is give you a console under the tilde key (to learn about commands, Google "ETS2 console commands") and, more importantly, an extra freecam viewpoint under the "0" key. This camera can be steered with the numeric keyboard and the mouse as follows.

8 - 5 = forward - back
4 - 6 = left - right
9 - 3 = up - down
mouse = pan - tilt

This can be used to fly past obstacles or get yourself unstuck in the game. If you place this viewpoint really close to the ground, and I mean really, really close, preferably so that you can see under the road texture at the bottom of your screen (console command g_flyspeed xxx helps with this, standard value is 100, but try 20 for precise camera movements), you can teleport your truck there by pressing shift+F9.

Note that, if you're on a job, your whole truck will always teleport, even if you detached your trailer earlier, so make sure there's room and if, e.g., you're teleporting to a hard shoulder, make sure your view is lined up parallel to the road, otherwise your trailer might land on the crash barrier or in traffic. Also: always teleport to fairly level ground; the game doesn't handle teleporting onto steep hills well.

Anyhow: unusual place for your game to crash. A full log will be a must to get to the bottom of this.
Yeah, it was a thousand characters or so too long so I couldn't put it all there, I just put the last few errors instead.

I had to cancel the job and go elsewhere instead, such a shame as that road from Andorra is prob my favorite. I don't have the full log now as I've played the game since, I could try recreate this situation and crash it again maybe?
Truck: Scania S730
Map: ProMods v2.32

Image Image

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information