Questions, questions...and questions?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
rbos86

20 Feb 2016 08:46

Hi, I'm R. Bos.
I play ETS2 with promods 2.0 and recently I drive ATS (demo version).

Although I like trucking a lot, there are some things that keep bothering me.
After playing ATS and liking it a lot, I found ETS2 pretty hard to drive with keyboard. All those narrow roads and breathtaking scenery should make my day, but ETS2 is annoying because it's hard to drive with keyboard, every corner or narrow road is causing me to hold my breath, and never to release until the cargo is delivered.
Is there a better way to play ETS2? I like driving in Europe, but fun is far away like this. What steering wheel is best for ETS2? Is there a possibility to make the keyboard more sturdy, like in ATS?

Also, it's hard in ETS2 with promods 2.0 to drive on navigation. There are so many roads now! Driving to München (Munich) went good, but entering Munich was terrible, I took many times the wrong road, fun in a way, but also quite annoying. I just wanted to state that.

I love ETS2 though and I love the promods package, and I don't want to give up on such a potential good (perfect) game.
Do you have answers for my questions, about a steering wheel or keyboard as controller?
Thanks in advance,

R. Bos.

Horizon™
Developer

20 Feb 2016 09:53

rbos86 wrote:Although I like trucking a lot, there are some things that keep bothering me.
After playing ATS and liking it a lot, I found ETS2 pretty hard to drive with keyboard. All those narrow roads and breathtaking scenery should make my day, but ETS2 is annoying because it's hard to drive with keyboard, every corner or narrow road is causing me to hold my breath, and never to release until the cargo is delivered.
Well, isn't the Europe always like that? :D If you are talking about the roundabout, then they are quite difficult to pass, but if you take them slow, you're safe and sound.
Is there a better way to play ETS2? I like driving in Europe, but fun is far away like this. What steering wheel is best for ETS2? Is there a possibility to make the keyboard more sturdy, like in ATS?
Well, as I know the Logitech are quite good for other games, and ETS2. There are some options to make your truck to stop faster; steer more faster, and others... Try to go around the settings ;)
Also, it's hard in ETS2 with promods 2.0 to drive on navigation. There are so many roads now! Driving to München (Munich) went good, but entering Munich was terrible, I took many times the wrong road, fun in a way, but also quite annoying. I just wanted to state that.
Well, you can't trust the GPS all the time, so try using the navigation - our mod is full of them, so you would not get lost! :D
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

FH-Fahrer
Developer

20 Feb 2016 11:24

I am using the mouse as a controller ;) I find it a lot easier than the keyboard and in my opinion it is enough :D
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

ETS2-User
Developer

20 Feb 2016 12:06

The mouse is indeed a good and first of all cheap option. If you wanna buy a steering wheel I recommend one with at least 720° radius, preferably even 900°. The best ones are the Logitech G29 and G27. A cheaper version and still very good is the Driving force GT.
About Munich... it still lacks navigation signs. We will fix that to make driving without Satnav possible there too.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

20 Feb 2016 15:36

A game controller such as an Xbox One/ 360 controller for PC is also a good cheaper compromise.

rbos86

21 Feb 2016 21:03

I made steering less faster, it works for now. Lots of gameplay has returned. Thanks for all the tips!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information