Expansion from SCS for current DLCs

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Michieten88

10 Mar 2016 09:24

I believe that SCS Should bring a few updates free for DLC GE & SCAN
From my POV it's not a huge amount of work - example - Slovenia - all the connections are there , small country , for Norway & Sweden - at least 2 cities for every country - Especially Trondheim - NO & Sundsvall - S , Russia - north of Polland - Kaliningrad - not a big deal to develop - small area
Expanding only for Norway to reach Trondheim will take a longer time , for the rest is a quick job :)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 10:05

What do you think Pécs and Szeged were? They were a free update to DLC Going East.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Michieten88

10 Mar 2016 10:09

Volleybal4life wrote:What do you think Pécs and Szeged were? They were a free update to DLC Going East.
Yes i know mate but i want more stuff for free because connections can be done with these DLCs ;)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 10:15

You should tell SCS that, not us :P We already made Slovenia for instance :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Michieten88

10 Mar 2016 10:38

Volleybal4life wrote:You should tell SCS that, not us :P We already made Slovenia for instance :)
I like Slovenia :P of Pro

Horizon™
Developer

10 Mar 2016 17:07

Michieten88 wrote:I believe that SCS Should bring a few updates free for DLC GE & SCAN
From my POV it's not a huge amount of work - example - Slovenia - all the connections are there , small country , for Norway & Sweden - at least 2 cities for every country - Especially Trondheim - NO & Sundsvall - S , Russia - north of Polland - Kaliningrad - not a big deal to develop - small area
Expanding only for Norway to reach Trondheim will take a longer time , for the rest is a quick job :)
They did bring some free map expansion from time to time - a.k.a New territories in the Hungary, and 1 city in the Italy. Also, from your point of view, the smaller country it is, the less work you have to make, which isn't true.... Developer has to think about 'what stuff to add?; what roads I need to make?' which is quite hard, as developers have to make the places more crowded....

'Quick Job?'... From one of those countries you stated, we created only Slovenia which had been built 'only' 2 years later? We still haven't got our hands on the Trondheim, and Kaliningrad, which will take some time too... We got until Sundsvall just recently, and that took time, because of our small team at the beginning of 'ProMods', which expanded over the years.

My main idea of this message - Experience the mapping yourself, and tell me... 'is it easy to build a very small country?' :lol:
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Shiva

10 Mar 2016 17:54

What stuff to add and what stuff to skip.
DeusHorizon is right.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information