Who are the copyright holders for ProMods?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
sebdul
Donation rank:

20 Mar 2016 09:53

Hi! Thanks for the great mod! I'm new here but I've been active in some open source projects, do software development for a living and am interested in license/copyright/IPR details (well, copyleft too).

I was very surprised that I can't find a contributor list anywhere. ProMods is such high quality that I'd certainly put it in my resume/CV if I had been involved. But then a potential employer would need a way to check if someone really did contribute (and how largely).

Additionally, it's common practice to list the copyright holders whenever you invoke copyright (as in the ProMods license). This probably isn't strictly required in most jurisdictions (though IANAL) but I assume it would make any copyright disputes considerably easier to settle.

LoaderSaints

20 Mar 2016 12:08

Is this what you were looking for?
ProMods Credits list

sebdul
Donation rank:

20 Mar 2016 22:32

LoaderSaints wrote:Is this what you were looking for?
ProMods Credits list
Yes, indeed. Maybe that should be linked from the license texts, both on forum and in the readme.

I'm also a bit surprised that most people don't go by their own names but I guess that's up to each individual.
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 21 Mar 2016 07:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts. Please do not double post! Use the "edit" button instead.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

20 Mar 2016 23:23

I think you want to see this in a too professional context. Above all, this is a hobby project.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information