British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Itzcoatl
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2023 12:35

I just downloaded ProMods this week and of course went straight to Dublin as I lived there for 10 years. I must say it's very well done, I used to live close to the exit where M50 meets the N4, so to drive past, see the big shopping centre, cross the bridge section over the River Liffey, then go through the (cursed) toll gates on my way to drive past IKEA, even go down towards the port tunnel (a route I used to take for work a lot), it was all very realistic and well done!

I have only two suggestions/feedback for Ireland after my brief play sessions. Firstly, our traffic lights don't go yellow before they go green, they go straight to green from red. Not sure how possible it is to customise these for each country, but it's worth mentioning!

Secondly, there is actually a Rosslare/Wexford to Bilbao ferry route! I have used this a few times in real life and I was looking forward to taking that route to get to Ireland from my main base in Madrid. That one hopefully would be an easier one to add :)

And of course, likewise I'm looking forward to seeing Cork added in the future!

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2023 18:24

I haven't seen so much good words about content on one page ever since I registered on this forum years ago. I am also impressed by Newport and Dublin.

Given the sporadic nature of updates to the UK, I want to make suggestions early. It's more than understandable that updates are slow because of the lack of talent coming through to map, however, what is currently being worked on within the UK? There are a lot of corridors and regions that still need a lot of work done.

Since the arrival of Newport, is it safe to assume that coverage of South Wales is next in the pipeline, or is there an attitude of "if we have a draft of a city, well, let's finish it - no pattern etc"?

ScuL
Founder

02 Feb 2023 21:55

BarrGDA wrote:
02 Feb 2023 18:24
"if we have a draft of a city, well, let's finish it - no pattern etc"?
That's it. Entirely ad-hoc.

I'm also sad to say that at the moment nobody is working on the UK.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

CE11LEE
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2023 00:18

SCS should pull their finger out and do more as it’s only thanks to Promods that the UK is enjoyable to drive in.
ETS2

Mercedes Actros MP5 450 WX69 OXG
R.T Keedwell
South Wales
Mercedes Actros MP5 625 CN21 WXA
Ferryman Limited

ATS Kenworth W900 Carlile C-2079

NoveauCastrian

03 Feb 2023 02:19

ProMods work so much faster than SCS. At the moment SCS are working on rebuilding cities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, but it's taking them about six months to do one city. At this rate they might start rebuilding the UK around the mid 2030s? I definitely don't take the volunteer work the ProMods devs put into this game for granted.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2023 13:53

And they're paid, whereas ProMods do this out of passion.

It is rather slow, ATS' progress is much faster, but let's not get into this debate, otherwise it may turn into a full on debacle.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 03 Feb 2023 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

CE11LEE
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2023 14:15

Promods does a better job than SCS.

And the attention to detail. I know I’ve said it before but can’t get over how quick they acted when I showed them a real life video of mine crossing the Second Severn Crossing showing what the real lamp post are like and within a day they changed them to the correct ones and took out the SCS ones on the Central reservation and they also took away the 50mph speed limit and speed camera off there as well. I do most of my driving jobs in the UK thanks to Promods.
ETS2

Mercedes Actros MP5 450 WX69 OXG
R.T Keedwell
South Wales
Mercedes Actros MP5 625 CN21 WXA
Ferryman Limited

ATS Kenworth W900 Carlile C-2079

TBD_210484

03 Feb 2023 22:28

Preach

i've said it a lot on youtube and otherwise - promods does a way better job than SCS - and SCS should look at the work that Promods have been putting out and learn from it.
https://www.youtube.com/@Thebigdog_1984
(ETS2, ATS and other playthroughs and more)

Founder and Driver of Big Dog Transport - Global HQ: Inverness - American HQ: San Diego, CA

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2023 02:19

They already do, ProMods team sometimes visit SCS, if you recall posts on the SCS blog.

TBD_210484

04 Feb 2023 12:54

visiting and inviting people to their offices isn't the same as learning from them.
but i suppose we'll have to wait and see, but as for the UK rework - which as we all know is desperately needed, will need to be something VERY special to keep up with the Promods alternative
Last edited by bmwGTR on 05 Feb 2023 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours
https://www.youtube.com/@Thebigdog_1984
(ETS2, ATS and other playthroughs and more)

Founder and Driver of Big Dog Transport - Global HQ: Inverness - American HQ: San Diego, CA

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information