British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
blur17

02 Sep 2023 17:07

Loving the Heysham rebuild and addition of the A683. Hoping the Lune Valley interchange gets a rebuild.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2023 23:17

What's there to rebuild on the interchange? It's just been rebuilt.

Can anyone show us some pictures or a video of the route? I don't have a PC to play ProMods on at the moment. Curious how the end of the A683 towards the port looks like.

Best addition in many years to ProMods! Campaigned for this a while ago, and got it really quickly!

Added in 9 hours 3 minutes 11 seconds:
Just seen it on a video. It's perfectly condensed into a small scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK20SMgLzAU
  • Forton Services on the M6 are semi-present, with the uphill short just before Jct 34 present
  • The Lune valley interchange is real, except big wide lanes - as its standard for ProMods prefabs, it uses a single lane slip road.
  • McDonalds with the A589 jct is there
  • Next up is the junction for White Lund and the roundabout for Salt Ayre
  • The entire bit after that is condensed and immediately we are thrown into Heysham/Middleton roundabout
  • Short ride to the port is as real as it gets
Last edited by bmwGTR on 08 Sep 2023 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

TBD_210484

11 Sep 2023 08:12

Just noticed (well I say just it was last night during my YouTube live stream - you should watch it for a rather funny reaction)
anyway I noticed the Dealer in Inverness has changed from DAF to Renault.

PS loving the new stretch of M6 and the Heysham Port.
https://www.youtube.com/@Thebigdog_1984
(ETS2, ATS and other playthroughs and more)

Founder and Driver of Big Dog Transport - Global HQ: Inverness - American HQ: San Diego, CA

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

15 Sep 2023 14:56

Considering the recent small tweaks in the UK, are there any other areas being worked on?

The Midlands are crying out for a major rework, it'd be good if we had Birmingham reworked with the M40 added. I understand there is a shortage of developers.

TBD_210484

16 Sep 2023 08:06

^^^ Glasgow desperately needs a rework as do all of the scs made towns/cities but it's a case of space.
https://www.youtube.com/@Thebigdog_1984
(ETS2, ATS and other playthroughs and more)

Founder and Driver of Big Dog Transport - Global HQ: Inverness - American HQ: San Diego, CA

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2023 11:37

^^ The entire Britain needs a rework, but I think places that players "drive through" should be prioritized.
As much as I'd like to see Glasgow change, it's a lot of work to get right, with the urban motorways. Birmingham isn't that complicated to get right first time.
Add Spaghetti junction, a few viaducts on the M6, rework the M5, flow the M40 into the M5, and designate the latter end of it as the M42 ... It's easy to see a clear vision without overcompensating.

I mean, I'd love to see Manchester reworked properly with Liverpool pushed out a little further to the sea, I don't think it is a priority like the M40 and Birmingham though.
Other areas remain fairly driveable, with East Anglia, Wales, London, the South, A303 and Scottish Highlands extensively reworked.

All these little fixes in the UK, I do welcome, feel like time is being wasted on them, when a project can get underway reworking several bigger chunks of the country. I do understand though that ProMods' new strategy is to release smaller bits in the small releases, so maybe I am asking a lot here.

• Red dot - Spaghetti junction
  • Yellow circle - centre of Birmingham
  • Yellow road leading into Birmingham - A38(M)
  • Blue dot - Welcome Break Services Oxford M40
It is doable!

ScuL
Founder

17 Sep 2023 01:40

The project that you suggest in that post has an approximate 2 year development time for a single developer

We prefer doing things in "bite size chunks" so that the community can enjoy content faster
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2023 13:47

Two years, wow :o It really does take a long time.
Yeah no, I'm up for that approach if it brings more content in long run.

All I tried to say is that big rebuilds now get neglected, hopefully we still get bigger rebuilds at some stage.

CE11LEE
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2023 01:08

After seeing the latest update at Heysham be brilliant to see Southampton Port get a update to something similar as been watching Trucker Jenko vlogs and he’s back on containers now back and fore Southampton so getting to see the Port even more now.

Also the Second Severn Crossing a.k.a Prince of Wales Bridge could do with the sign on both Wales and England sides just for some little realism. Dosent even have to have the round bit in the middle of the sign as I remember one of you saying before that was difficult to do for a Ceredigion County Borough sign in West Wales.

Great update again Promods team you never fail to deliver.
ETS2

Mercedes Actros MP5 450 WX69 OXG
R.T Keedwell
South Wales
Mercedes Actros MP5 625 CN21 WXA
Ferryman Limited

ATS Kenworth W900 Carlile C-2079

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2023 11:57

Maybe port reworks should be the small additions we're looking for. Another I can think of are Harwich and Hull.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information