Filling terrain on custom interchange

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Vøytek
Developer

24 Mar 2016 19:49

Hi,
I need a tip about adding terrain to the interchange that I built when learning the editor ;)

Here's my custom interchange that needs finishing. I also need advice about the bridge aboove the highway. What's the best to use? I made a road and now I'm trying to use "railing" setting but it doesn't look like it should.

Addtional question: I can't find city enter/exit template so I think it doesn't exist?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ETS2-User
Developer

24 Mar 2016 20:13

The best gap filling terrain items are bezier patches. You can move them easily in any position. For the bridges you should take those from the model2 series for they allow you to make very realistic bridge heads. Take a look at Stockholm (or other 2.0 areas... not all have the new heads yet though, so I recommend Stockholm) about how to make them.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Mar 2016 23:24

A few things...

1. I'd use normal terrain between the two roadways on the motorway, set to the d down 1 profile and with a size of 2 or 3. Use d down always for the terrain at the ramp gorges and wherever you place bezier patches, use the "down" profile on all surrounding roads.
2. The landscape items at bridge heads may be easier to assemble than they look; with the snapping tool, you can easily snap these things to roads where the landscape ends (the sections will light up in blue) and it will automatically inherit the profile and orientation. Very useful!
3. Avoid FLD's prefabs when it comes to lane endings and lane additions, since they have a strong tendency to slow down traffic to a crawl when they need to switch lanes. Use ProMods hw DE or Promods hw PL instead.
4. Also, use the SE2 gantries instead of the Poland Rebuilding gantries. You see that the thruss texture is broken on the PL gantries?
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

realdeal350
Developer

25 Mar 2016 00:48

I might eventually make a video on landscaping interchanges ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Vøytek
Developer

25 Mar 2016 03:49

Thanks for all your advices! I was using Bezier patch already. I should look at some bridges then and see if I can do it how I want it to be ;)

A video is usually the best to explain such things, can't wait to learn something new :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information