disabling floating helpers

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
aztec11us

16 Apr 2016 23:51

hi all!

all who played, surely have seen those mid-air floating XXXXX (marking a road you re not suppose to use), or the red XXX on a road sign, instead of the proper road name.

also annoying, are the mid air arrows following you, showing you a turn off

these kinda ruin immersion.

if i am dumm enough to miss an exit, take a wrong turn etc, let me find my own way back.

if you guys are working on 2.02 for 1.23 game version ,is it possible to add an OPTION ingame, to disable those floating helpers?

thanks

spinner
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2016 04:28

Try this mod. http://ets2.lt/en/no-dead-ends-for-1-20/

I use one called "no dead ends by Knox" but I cant find a link for it. Hopefully that one in the link will work OK.

ETS2-User
Developer

17 Apr 2016 08:05

Mind you: without the markers you're very likely to crash into objects or fall out of the world. Behind them there's only low poly background scenery and then... purely nothing. Heck, even the collision boxes of the roads themselves might be disabled. :mrgreen:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MYE2001

17 Apr 2016 08:55

But exploring these "unexplorable" areas can be fun. :D
Last edited by MYE2001 on 17 Apr 2016 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

aztec11us

17 Apr 2016 09:11

ETS2-User wrote:Mind you: without the markers you're very likely to crash into objects or fall out of the world. Behind them there's only low poly background scenery and then... purely nothing. Heck, even the collision boxes of the roads themselves might be disabled. :mrgreen:

really ?!

so the world isnt fully generated then (like in Skyrim, where one can wonder of the beaten path for as long he/she likes) ?!?

damn!

MYE2001

17 Apr 2016 09:29

aztec11us wrote:fully generated
No,it's not generated. You are playing in a map which is built earlier. Mappers generally build unexplorable areas due to the scale, because everywhere can't be mapped.

aztec11us

17 Apr 2016 10:48

couldnt the game then, somehow, generate enough of the map, to allow your to wonder off your track, for as long as you wish...say until you reach the borders of the expansions one purchased?

i bough DELUXE puckage, so that means i got going north + goig east ....within these official borders, i should be able to travel ANYTIME, on whichever road/ route i choose to do so!

kinda like in Skyrim, where you can deviate and explore

ofc, once i hit the official borders of the expansions, then yes...put up those XXXX, the impassible borders (like skyrim does)

this allows for an open world feeling

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

17 Apr 2016 11:33

This assumes that the ETS2 map is an open world, which is not the case. Map building requires a lot of manual labour, hundreds if not thousands of man-hours of work. And even then we have to close off roads that are purely there for scenery, making the map look bigger than it really is (because 1:19 is really small). Furthermore, an open world would definitely drain performance.

Closed off roads are not an option; they are a necessity
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

aztec11us

17 Apr 2016 14:21

hi and thanks for the answer, MandelSoft!

its great to see lead devs interracting with their customers!
too bad so few companies actually do that!

may i suggest something?

do you know the game called World of Tanks?
its a WW II tank arcade/simulator-wannabe, but its main selling point is that there are in fact TWO WOT games:
- one destined for people with regular computers (regular resolution, texture, landscape, particles etc)
- one destined for people with high powered gaming rigs (much better resolution, much better texture, particles etc)

if one has a power game rig, he/she may choose the better game version (but both play on same client/server interraction!).

why not something similar here?

Maybe even develop a separate game pack, name it something like: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Pro Edition / Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Edition etc., in which the game has the following, as native:
- open world exploration
- much better textures, sounds,
- realistic dirt on trucks (realistic dust accumulation etc)
- realistic damage from crashes (metal scratch, bend, window cracks etc)
- emergency vehicles rolling past you and you must give way to them
- more cars in trafic/ traffic jams (option to set frequency and severity of these)
- on foot exploration (i.e. at a gas stop, getting out of your truck to walk/run arround, and seeing this in 1st/3rd person view, like Farming Simulator 2015 does)
- pedestrians crossing the streets, move about in cities, lots of people (women, children, men etc); cops in intersections directing traffic etc. to make cities look alive
(to prevent someone goin full San Antonio GTA, add harsh penalties or make people always get away from the truck in time - perfect avoidance A.I.)

This Pro edition could cost 59.99 Euros/ 69.99 Euros (unlike the normal original of 29.99 Euros).
Ofc, the pro edition would work great with all the official DLCs (going north, east, the paint jobs, interior design, rims design etc).

I know you probably feel the price may be high, but if all goes well enough and this Pro edition is developed well enough, it will sell like hot cake!

After all, Blizzard is selling crappy balanced games with retarded story lines and average graphics and raking in millions :)...also, their price is 60 euros too

And those gamers who rock power rigs would have no problems running this at 2000x1000 resolution with full details !

MYE2001

17 Apr 2016 15:00

aztec11us wrote: why not something similar here?
- much better textures, sounds,
- realistic dirt on trucks (realistic dust accumulation etc)
- realistic damage from crashes (metal scratch, bend, window cracks etc)
- emergency vehicles rolling past you and you must give way to them
- more cars in trafic/ traffic jams (option to set frequency and severity of these)
- on foot exploration (i.e. at a gas stop, getting out of your truck to walk/run arround, and seeing this in 1st/3rd person view, like Farming Simulator 2015 does)
- pedestrians crossing the streets, move about in cities, lots of people (women, children, men etc); cops in intersections directing traffic etc. to make cities look alive
Additions like these are out of scope of a modding team as far as I know. Only SCS can do this,and by the way it's not easy as it sounds. Furthermore I don't think much people will have that strong PCs, and if SCS can't sell many copies,they won't make profit at all.

Also, ProMods is a team of hobby modders. They are not a company, they have their personal lifes, and they can't do everything, nor they have to.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information