Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
alvaro12

23 Jul 2016 06:06

Glad to see the Balkans included ,please don't forget Bulgaria!Great work and thanks!

Rigelmeister

23 Jul 2016 16:28

When hot-headed Turks are involved, it's really difficult to keep a thread under control. :lol:

Balkans are a huge area which will maybe take a whole year for the team to complete before even coming to Edirne (Turkish border city to Greece & Bulgaria) so I would forget about it for now to lessen the pain. :P However, if everything goes as they do now (I mean, modders keep working and the team remains intact), I am almost sure the team would be eager to go beyond İstanbul to include other Turkish cities because the area is quite rich in terms of transportation and geography. It must be a too far-fetched plan yet even Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan etc. may be included, imo. The thing is, it's just TOO FAR AWAY and I guess there's literally nothing the team can say about it. I can understand if Turkey is not prioritized, but coming all the way to Turkey and excluding Bosphorus... That would be mean!

Matt723

23 Jul 2016 19:37

If they do get through Turkey, they should definitely expand further and put in (among many other things) Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan
I don't always play ETS2, but when I do, I prefer it with ProMods.
Keep trucking, my friends...

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

23 Jul 2016 20:03

Guys, guys, guys, please don't get overboard with these ideas. We are nowhwere near the Turkish border yet, we still have a huge chunk of the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, Greece and the Balkans to do, so considering the Asian side of Turkey and beyond that is out of our current scope. It will take a year at least before we even get to the point where we would even approach Turkey's borders
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2016 05:23

Matt723 wrote:If they do get through Turkey, they should definitely expand further and put in (among many other things) Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan
This is the Balkans edition,
not the Caucasus edition! (and there won't be one for a long time)

Please keep your ideas within the scope of this project
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

EG0611

24 Jul 2016 08:50

so considering the Asian side of Turkey and beyond that is out of our current scope. It will take a year at least before we even get to the point where we would even approach Turkey's borders
Don't worry we wait :)

But on the other hand I don't know your Turkey plan but: Turkey has 143.844.066.212 $ exports to European Union. 13.417.478.400 $ to Germany, 10.556.862.755 $ to UK, 5.845.274.658 $ to France and so on... And most of these exports to EU have been made by trucks (%88.7 the rest are air, sea or railroad) also at least half of them are from Asia side of Turkey.

In the following picture you can see the # of travels of trucks to specific countries from 2004 to 2007. In 2007 80000 trucks have been transported cargos to Germany from Turkey Image

Turkey highways (be careful I am talking about highways not motorways) are built as: 3x3+ breakdown lane, toll-access and always secured with fences and barriers. Here is a picture of the latest highway of Turkey, as known as İstanbul Bursa highway Image

And here is the future of Turkey highways Image

So long to short: Please do not see Turkey's Asia side as adopted child. I don't know how Turkey has been seen from other countries but please don't imagine Turkey as one of the Middle East country or Couped country.

Thanks.

Sources:
- Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu/Turkish Statistical Institue
- RAPOR: TÜRKİYE’NİN LOJİSTİK GÖRÜNÜMÜ (http://www.ekonomi.gov.tr/portal/conten ... :EK-167336)
- UTIKAD ULUSLARARASI TAIMACILIK VE LOJİSTİK HİZMET ÜRETENLERİ DERNEĞİ (http://www.utikad.org.tr/haberler/2007sektorraporu.pdf)
- Pictures from Google

Barrett_killz

24 Jul 2016 09:24

Either way, it takes time for roads to be built, and the quality is worth the wait. Turkey will come up eventually.

Turkey is ready when Turkey is ready.
- Subscribed, Volleybal4life

Kortez

24 Jul 2016 09:46

Sorry elitegamer, but do you see that someone would like visibility to their country? nobody 's doing here, only you with yours Turkey. I'm tired still read about it. Just wait as everyone. Facts about exports everyone know.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Jul 2016 10:55

Elitegamer, please quit about Turkey. We are no where near the country. It will one day be time to talk about Turkey.
If you really want to talk about it, open a topic in the off topic section.

Thanks in advance.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Sothernregion

24 Jul 2016 11:19

is normally open a separate page and there 's talk and map Turkish, Balkan map here makes no sense to mix things :(

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information