France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2016 13:29

There's no Rappel under speed signs either, and lack of SANEF and APRR logos when leaving and entering services, as well as tolls.

Akula_

31 Dec 2016 17:04

JohannesKauffmann wrote:I kind of agree with you about the road markings Nathan.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Aire de Thionville Porte de France and the Aire d'Entrange are Aire de repos in real life and not Aire de service. In other words, they shouldn't include a full-blown gas station, and just be rest areas instead.
It shouldn't be mentionned at all, just Aire de xxxxx

Talking about that, i saw many roadsign in Normandy misspelt as "Aeire"
HighFlyerPL185 wrote:There's no Rappel under speed signs either, and lack of SANEF and APRR logos when leaving and entering services, as well as tolls.
And the speed camera. They aren't all like that, and not necesarilly 2 in each side like it is always in the game. (Complain, away)
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

JohannesKauffmann

31 Dec 2016 23:23

I'm sorry if my post was confusing. SCS got the naming right, but the execution wrong.

There are two kinds of rest stops in France. An Aire de repos is just a simple rest area with a tidy toilet if you're lucky (the private motorway companies have the responsibility to look after all the rest stops in France, even the ones that are not along a toll road. Usually the ones along a toll road are much better in terms of hygiëne and such. You can really see the difference, especially along the A31).

An Aire de service is a rest area with a gas station and a number of different facilities.

Since both rest areas between Metz and Luxembourg are classified as Aire de repos, they shouldn't include a gas station.

http://routes.wikia.com/wiki/Autoroute_ ... 31_(Aires)

PS were those spelling mistakes in Normandy in the game or in real life? Just for clarification :lol:

muerteh 650
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2017 12:09

Looking forward to version 2.20 with the improvements of the new France.:)
Maps ETS 2: ProMods+ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on +RusMap+The Great Steppe
Truck ETS 2: DAF XF 105 Weeda

Map ATS : ProMods ATS (coming)
Truck ATS: Peterbilt 389 RedBlack

Akula_

01 Jan 2017 21:00

JohannesKauffmann wrote:I
http://routes.wikia.com/wiki/Autoroute_ ... 31_(Aires)

PS were those spelling mistakes in Normandy in the game or in real life? Just for clarification :lol:
Never been in Real Normandy, but the mistakes are definitely in the game.

And for the Aires things, i understood your point, but it' shouldn't say anything on the roadsign wheter they are Service or repos

(Then i could say the same way in Elsass on the A35 ingame, there's just a rest area parking in the game, but in real life it's a big Aire de Service with supermarket, gas station, many parkings, restaurants, and acces from both lane.

Dev guy, you could actually just delete this one and copy-paste the ultra-big-rest-area-model there and name it Aire du Haut-Königsburg to make it real.

gmtavares

01 Jan 2017 21:37

Akula_ wrote:
(Then i could say the same way in Elsass on the A35 ingame, there's just a rest area parking in the game, but in real life it's a big Aire de Service with supermarket, gas station, many parkings, restaurants, and acces from both lane.

Dev guy, you could actually just delete this one and copy-paste the ultra-big-rest-area-model there and name it Aire du Haut-Königsburg to make it real.
Omg, I am not a real life truck driver, but on my vacation this summer, I went to that castle, and I did stop at that Aire de Servis. Hope to see it fixed in the future.
In the back, can you see the Château de Haut-Königsburg? That would be a great feature. But maybe it is already there? I have not passed there yet.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Akula_

01 Jan 2017 22:24

I'm not a trucker, just a local.

You don't see it (or anything) in game, the Elsass vanilla part is a real mess-up
Last edited by adgjl on 02 Jan 2017 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced needlessly bad language

Peterson

01 Jan 2017 22:35

Panorama law, legal stuff and blocks. You shouldn't put all the blame on the devs, you can't take the risk of having a frenchie up your ass with a lawsuit.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2017 23:33

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:There's no Rappel under speed signs either, and lack of SANEF and APRR logos when leaving and entering services, as well as tolls.
And the speed camera. They aren't all like that, and not necesarilly 2 in each side like it is always in the game. (Complain, away)
Had an impression that this is a topic to discuss and suggest improvements, not get called out over supposedly "complaining".

IvanGF14
Developer

02 Jan 2017 02:23

Topic closed until you calm down

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information