ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Gregster
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2021 17:34

Having thought about it, it would be nice to have the option of a smaller overlay fixed in the corner. Simply containing the station name, nearest city / transmitter, and a signal strength indicator.

Rai Radio 1
Milano, ITA

or

MDR Aktuell
Dresden, SN, DEU
[Insert Funny Comment Here]

Koen

29 Mar 2021 14:24

I don't believe the original in game radio had that. I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but am also not really eager to implement it either (although someone else is free to do so). Pretty much every corner of the screen is used in some way (mirrors, satnav), thus making placing difficult. Preferably I would add it as a tab to the satnav, but that's not possible at the moment. You can however already use your phone as a way to display the current station.
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

Gregster
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2021 20:29

Fair enough.

One other thought that I've had is that it'd be good to be able to access station lists by country/state/city. I'm aware that it's an option elsewhere on your website. However, the only option right now is to toggle all station, and when it's set to ATS, this slows the webpage down and makes it a pain to use if you're wanting to go through and set favourites.

DFA172

15 Apr 2021 00:41

My game sometimes freezes after I open the radio site through the plugin, start a station and alt-tab back into the game. It seems that the game is still active and responds to control inputs but the picture is frozen.

Koen

15 Apr 2021 00:49

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I'd fix it if I knew what caused it. You can disable the overlay if it forms a hindrance, that should "resolve" the issue.

Creche-2

29 Apr 2021 19:55

I just wanted to say thank you. This is the most immersive mod I've ever played and I'm nearing half a century.

I picked up some tank in Northern Russia and had to deliver it to Israel (lol). So I as I start trucking I try out this mod. I immediately hear Russian dance music, followed by gypsy folk and for the first time… I fell like I'm driving in Russia. As I make my way down south I am greeted by cultural music I would never have been exposed to otherwise. Unload in Isreal (which was nothing but talk radio at the time), and decide to pick up a local job as it is the first time in the region. I had to take some food into Damascus. I cross the border and hear a muslim call to prayer as I pass by a checkpoint with bullet holes in the sign. I thought I was going to die.

Well done. The little touches with the static and audio fading in and out are excellent.

This mod should be given an ingenuity award.

Gregster
Donation rank:

03 May 2021 21:19

Minor issue. Can't save the French station Mouv' as a favourite.

Koen

03 May 2021 21:24

Could very well be, probably has to do with the ' in the name. Will look into it, at some point.

keremguvercin

05 May 2021 21:06

Hello Koen. Could you add Malta, please? I've tried to add to custom.js but I can't. I found some Maltese stations and I can add the coordinates of Valletta. It works but as Tunisian or another countrys.

Koen

05 May 2021 21:18

Probably, although this applies here as well: https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-r ... port-map-x

I have not tried the map that adds Malta, but as long as Malta is in the correct spot (or at least not overlapping with any other area), then I can add it, provided that someone gives me the coordinates of the cities, and the stations for Malta.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information