Dear MandelSoft and SCS?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
bumbumek

25 Nov 2016 19:28

Hi guys,

I heard that our beloved MandelSoft moved to Prague and became SCS worker...So does it mean, that you are no longer ProMods high member? :roll:

Vøytek
Developer

25 Nov 2016 19:31

It means that he's still ProMods Lead Developer and that won't change unless MandelSoft decides to quit (I doubt that'll ever happen ;))
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bumbumek

25 Nov 2016 19:36

Hmmm...I see. But to be honest - dear MandelSoft as a SCS worker - that is quite shocking. Anyways, best wishes for the future, mate.

ETS2-User
Developer

25 Nov 2016 19:45

Why is it shocking? It's a regular job and ProModding still a hobby just like for everyone here.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

bumbumek

25 Nov 2016 19:52

Sure. But let's say - His priorities will be on SCS side, not ProMods. So we are losing him in a way. Pity.

Now He will always say, that SCS kicks ass and doing the best stuff in the world :lol:

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2016 20:05

It would be amazing if ProMods started working with SCS. I hope Mandelsoft stays around with us.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Nov 2016 20:43

Well, the thing is, I was struggling a bit to find a job back in the Netherlands. I do have a master's degree, but still I lack work experience and I'm not the best with communication skills. Now keep that situation in mind. So when I showed SCS that they could easily improve France (and thankfully they did), they were convinced about my commitment to the game. So Pavel contacted me on Skype and said he had a job offer for me. It's very rare to get a job offered like that; you usually have to go through the whole application procedure, but I could skip that. I would turn my hobby into work and I get to live in a nice city which also enriches me with foreign experience. And they offered me a lot of help with getting the paperwork done, they really care about their employees.

So when you get an offer like that... would you dare to say no?

In the mean time, I'm making it just fine here in my new apartment. The only thing I need to get is a new PC. Then I can do some ProMods stuff here, though my abundance of time will be over (it had to happen some day...)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2016 21:06

You're very lucky, Mandelsoft. I am glad it all worked out for you getting a job. It's not just a job, it is something you have passion about. Good luck further with the rest of SCS, Mandelsoft and enjoy it in Prague :D
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

M4rkus

25 Nov 2016 21:20

I think Mandelsoft's parts at Promods are amongst those with the highest quality and in many respects (signs, road design) probably better than the mapping work of SCS. So I'd say this could mean quite a leap in terms of quality for SCS mapping. I think, they could've hardly found any other person fitting better for the job, considering the experience MandelSoft has with the very map editor and formats they use. Additionally, his extensive detail knowledge with all the little things that make the mapping authentic - actually that's the stuff that makes much of the difference between Promods and SCS standard mapping. And that's certainly not blind praise. Also, quite nice to hear that SCS actually cares for their employees - congratulations and hopefully you'll be fine with it.

(And will you try to learn Czech?!)

MistahDave
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2016 22:36

Mandelsoft is still going to be able to help us all. If anything he is in a better position to do so now.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information