Trojan in download???

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Nyek

16 Dec 2016 13:49

Hello dear forum! Today I wanted to update my mods and i downloaded the promods cabin accesories mod but my system (Win10 pro) shut it of because of a trojan. Windows defender locked up everything (btw I'm unabble to disable it) that was in the package. The trojan's name was Spursint.F!cl . I had that issue before when I downloaded the map 3 months ago. My question is what to do with this and is this a known issue because I couldn't find any threads about this issue before?

Thanks for any response!
I'm also known as tekszi 8-)

Vøytek
Developer

16 Dec 2016 14:14

Well, I think you should disable your AV software, download CAP again and then enable your AV. Did you try it?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Nyek

16 Dec 2016 14:23

Zniwek wrote:Well, I think you should disable your AV software, download CAP again and then enable your AV. Did you try it?
I did before , but it reactivates itself before I download the file. :(

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2016 16:28

In that case, you didn't disable it correctly.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Nyek

16 Dec 2016 17:25

Volleybal4life wrote:In that case, you didn't disable it correctly.
The thing is that I don't use any thirdparty AVs , it's windows defender wich for some reason can't be fully turned off (on Win10) because it turnes back on almost immediatly :x

Arsenalia
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2016 03:03

If Windows Defender is your sole protection, I think you have more to worry about than false positives in CAP. Notoriously poor application.

ETS2-User
Developer

17 Dec 2016 08:50

I get the same message for the CAP. And you can turn it off in the new system settings. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Nyek

17 Dec 2016 10:16

To make things clean I don't trust any antivirus softwares and I can turn off Win Defender but my system doesn't let me to fully turn it off, I can make it not to detect it and let me have it tho (Btw I heard it can be a bug to detect trojans wich aren't really in the file...), but what if there's really a trojan in the download? The thing I want to know if there's really a trojan supposed to be in it or It's just me being too woried or this av thing has bug ?

ETS2-User
Developer

17 Dec 2016 11:15

If you have the CAP rather than anything else there's no trojan in it. But of course we'd also say that if there was one. :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Nyek

17 Dec 2016 11:28

ETS2-User wrote:If you have the CAP rather than anything else there's no trojan in it. But of course we'd also say that if there was one. :P
Ok, thank you :lol:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information