WARNING! Download links Zippyshare Malware

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Master114

20 Dec 2016 10:48

Can't Download any Multipacks mods archives

Zippyshare site infected

Malwarebytes Premium blocking.
If Unblock dangerous site, your pc will be infected with Fake NVIDIA GeForce Experience update malware system

Vøytek
Developer

20 Dec 2016 13:07

Disable your security software, download archives and enable it again. It's false alarm probably.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Arsenalia
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2016 14:20

Zniwek wrote:Disable your security software, download archives and enable it again. It's false alarm probably.
The ransomeware that grabbed my browser when I tried to download the Test File certainly wasn't. Appalling site, and definitely wouldn't visit it with security apps turned off!

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2016 16:59

Agreed, I would go near that site with a 40ft barge pole.
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Vøytek
Developer

20 Dec 2016 17:31

If you know better, then I have nothing more to say...
We're using that hosting for very long time and nobody got affected - you know he wouldn't stay quiet after that, so if nobody (including us) got "attacked", then it's safe.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

KatrynK96

20 Dec 2016 17:56

i don't know what kind of anti-virus all of you are using, but even virustotal says it's clean.

https://virustotal.com/en/url/3244e0ae1 ... /analysis/
Yazıcıoğlu Lojistik: Our Locations
Wolfurt Avusturya, Lindau Almanya, Frankfurt Almanya, Trabzon Türkiye, İstanbul Türkiye, Adana Türkiye, Dıraç Arnavutluk (Durres Albania)

Master114

20 Dec 2016 19:20

I'm talking about infected ads in that site zippyshare.com showing for my country, but another countries there have ads without malware!

ScuL
Founder

20 Dec 2016 21:15

I have been using Zippyshare for more than 15 years and I have never ever had a problem with it. I do know that Windows 10 and some of its built-in mechanisms are totally overzealous and generate many false alarms
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Arsenalia
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2016 02:01

Zniwek wrote:If you know better, then I have nothing more to say...
We're using that hosting for very long time and nobody got affected - you know he wouldn't stay quiet after that, so if nobody (including us) got "attacked", then it's safe.
Firstly, just let me say I was not implying any criticism of the ProMods team and its choice of upload sites - your decisions are your decisions, and more power to you. Given that, was a little surprised at the petulance of the reply.

Have been involved with computers and the web almost since their advent, so a little ransomeware is a minor inconvenience for me, but can well imagine that very young or less seasoned users would be inclined to panic a little (the hijack in question was the familiar fake Microsoft one).

Both Avira and Malwarebytes flag Zippyshare as malicious, so its not just my opinion. Personally, I think advising people to disable their security software when visiting the site is a tad irresponsible. "Probably safe" is hardly reassuring.

And I use Win 7 x64, not Win 10

ScuL
Founder

21 Dec 2016 06:07

Arsenalia wrote: Both Avira and Malwarebytes flag Zippyshare as malicious, so its not just my opinion.
Zippyshare is not malicious.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/1 ... malicious/
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information