Cannot use -force_mods

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
ScuL
Founder

28 Apr 2017 02:12

I am afraid the only people who could solve this would be SCS, I have no idea why it is not working for you and secondly what is supposedly changed in ProMods that causes it.

Why do you need -force_mods in the first place? It loads fine without
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Grimples
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 02:46

SCS has nothing to do with the crash, there is a corrupt file(s) somewhere in PM. This corrupt file is being forced into use by using -force_mods, the file is not being used without -forcemods, the default file will used instead, i dont know any other way to explain.
If SCS ever take away the use of -force_mods so that every file in any mod will be used then PM will not work for anyone. Afaik SCS has already began doing this, there are now some sounds that can be changed without the use of -force_mods, might be a good idea to find the problem in case they do it sooner than later.

Some sounds need it or the defaults are loaded, all sounds in sound/ui for example, i have 20 of those removed by using empty .ogg files & 2 others have been changed because they drive me nutty. The whole deskptop interface has been adjusted, defaults are loaded without -force_mods. Also ui/template/text.sii needs it or the game will use default, i have made font adjustments in there because my eyes are not too good.
PM is an excellent map & i do love it but my changes/edits/adjustments are needed most.

ScuL
Founder

28 Apr 2017 02:59

I understand the predicament however with an errorless crash we can't fix it either. We typically need to contact SCS with a game.crash.txt and then they can debug it for us
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information