Hungary Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Lasiii_

30 Jul 2023 15:04

A note for you: all of the counties' official titles have been changed from "megye" to "vármegye". Could you change the signs such as the one from the screenshots?
Man do I love this modpack

Pjrkrstf

30 Jul 2023 15:28

I use the M3 very often. I can say that the details are very good.
In fact, these "megye" signs were recently replaced on the M3, but now it has become "vármegye" signs here as well.

roadtrain

30 Jul 2023 20:36

-GRace- wrote:
24 Jul 2023 06:18
It has been a long time since some news have been posted here.
Time to change that! Here are development pictures from Hungary, but can you guess where exactly this place is? ;)
Junction M3 & M30? Very good!

-GRace-
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2023 22:24

I've been placing counties' signs according to the latest available Streetview from Google. But surely I can change all of them to "vármegye" ;)
Слава Україні!

Lasiii_

31 Jul 2023 17:15

it seems like even in the streetview, it has been changed to vármegye as indicated by this screenshot.

-GRace-
Developer
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2023 20:24

Here is what I mean. The exact place that is shown on the screenshot, but in real life:

As you can see, the Streetview is just 1.5 - 2 months old.

Some signs were indeed changed (like Pest, Hajdú-Bihar, Heves), and some aren't yet (like Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén). Even with that information and your suggestion, I decided to change ALL of them in advance :)
Слава Україні!

Lasiii_

01 Aug 2023 11:08

sorry if I came across as rude, it wasnt my intention! I believe that they changed it irl, the streetview just hasnt been updated

-GRace-
Developer
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2023 21:43

Absolutely not! It was on the contrary a good suggestion, especially from you as a local ;)
I just wanted to show you that not everywhere things tend to happen at the same time
Слава Україні!

IgazHarcos

05 Aug 2023 15:40

Hi!

Hungarian here, I see this "vármegye" stuff these are the new province names, and indeed all of them became "vármegye". If you can't see them on the map it is not only Google's fault, but also they forgot to change all signs. There are the provinces currectly, correctly spelled:

- Baranya Vármegye
- Bács-Kiskun Vármegye
- Békés Vármegye
- Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén Vármegye
- Csongrád-Csanád Vármegye (previously Csongrád Megye)
- Fejér Vármegye
- Győr-Moson-Sopron Vármegye
- Hajdú-Bihar Vármegye
- Heves Vármegye
- Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok Vármegye
- Komárom-Esztergom Vármegye
- Nógrád Vármegye
- Pest Vármegye
- Somogy Vármegye
- Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg Vármegye
- Tolna Vármegye
- Vas Vármegye
- Veszprém Vármegye
- Zala Vármegye
"This taste … is the taste of a liar! Giorno Giovanna!"
- Bruno BUCCIARATI - JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure

Presidenis23

05 Aug 2023 20:33

Who is interested about silly vármegye signs???? The offical english name is Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County (megye), not Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén Frotress County (vármegye) :D I m also hungarian from Biatorbágy, very close to M1 highway (E60 and E75), its good fun to read that topics about vármegye signs :D But for me is more important the redisegned M3 and M30 highway and developed Debrecen. These is are very simillar to the real M3 and M35 roads.
And you can read a lot of hungarian signs, becuse of Promod. For example: Kecskemét. Hódmezővásárhely - and ejoy M43 express to Arad.
The enjoyable and well simulated roads are more important for my proud, hungarian heart, than stupid signs, wich doesnt mean anything... Not county, Castle County. Thats why nobody translated vármegye to english, because its realy hard to tell what the castle county means. But i think better to use fortress county :D :D Thats Orbáns big dream for a small country: „If we call us big, we are big” :D :D
If a should ask for something to the developper is M4 highway (E60 and E79) wich connecting romanian A3 motorway to Nagyvárad (Oradea)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information