What's the best weather mod?

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
erbkaiser
Donation rank:

16 Nov 2022 11:12

VipapkStudios wrote:
16 Nov 2022 03:11
  • Grimes' Seasonal mods aren't compatible with "Realistic Day/Night time" mod(s) due to that already being included in his mods (sort of).
Not exactly. As long as the realistic day/night time mod is placed ABOVE Grimes's they will work together. Both set the same single value. In Grimes's mods he sets it to a date in that season, in an actual day of the year mod it'll set it for somewhere close to the real date. So as long as you use the proper Grimes season mod together with a real date mod and let the real date mod override Grimes's, everything will be okay.

Not that anything is blocking you from using a summer season mod in winter, you'll just have short days when they should be long etc.

--

As for the thread: I second the recommendation of Grimes, but also these mods:

* DOWL's High Resolution Skyboxes (ETS2, ATS)
* Realistic Rain (ETS2, ATS)
* Cold Rain (ETS2, ATS)

I use Cold Rain in late autumn and winter, realistic rain otherwise. Place these mods above Grimes's and below a day time mod.

th3darknight
Donation rank:

18 Jan 2023 22:13

I'm currently using Realistic Brutal Graphics And Weather mod but i'm not sure if its any better than Weather_2.5, it would be good to see a comparison video...
The only thing RBGW does better than Weather 2.5 imo are the nightsky boxes which are more varied, however the moon is too big/distorted and appears between the Earth and the clouds sometimes which isnt exactly realistic!

to combat this I took the liberty of deleting the moon altogether and some low lying stars, also added one or two slightly bigger stars.

DFA172

15 Feb 2023 15:49

I also use RBGW, it's good except one issue which bothers me: the sun rises in the northwest :roll:

https://prnt.sc/hj1YQWUs1CEZ

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information