First impressions...

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Purno
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2014 06:27

So I just installed the promods ETS2 mappack yesterday, the first mod I succesfully installed (good job on the installation instructions!), and I didn't really know what to expect. I started out at my HQ in Rotterdam, and didn't notice any real differences in the town itself, but once I was driving towards the highway, WOAH! Amazing, these roads looks so much more realistic!

I wanted to drive up north to Scandinavia, there weren't a lot of jobs available (even though I've got 4 points in Long Distance as well as a few points in all other categories). But I was able to find a job to Denmark, and from there a job via Norway to Aberdeen. (The only job that didn't involve more ferrying than truck driving). And I was amazed! The improvements made in Germany as well as the added regions in Denmark and Norway are amazing!

Good job to all the contributors! I absolutly love this mod and will take another drive this evening! :mrgreen:

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2014 08:14

Great to hear.

Guess that the job market had to generate some new jobs so that would be an explaination why it didn't have many routes up north from the start ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Purno
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2014 08:40

No clue how and when jobs are generated, I guess you know that better than I do. But if it's merely a 'start-up' problem, I'll have a lot more choice when playing this evening. Looking forward to that! :D

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2014 09:24

hehe yeah guess so ;)

have fun!
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2014 19:44

There is also the option to take a few "Quick Jobs" just as an exercise to explore areas of interest...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

edwinv

23 Apr 2014 20:37

Purno wrote:The improvements made in Germany ...
My first promods woah moment was getting up to Hamburg. If I had one big complaint about ETS2, it was the complete lack of stacked interchanges in the map. I completely didn't expect that huge one when it suddenly appeared on my GPS. Brilliant stuff!

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2014 06:23

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:There is also the option to take a few "Quick Jobs" just as an exercise to explore areas of interest...
True, but I love my own truck too much. :P
I'm opening a few garages all over the map, so I can teleport to there any moment :)
edwinv wrote:
Purno wrote:The improvements made in Germany ...
My first promods woah moment was getting up to Hamburg. If I had one big complaint about ETS2, it was the complete lack of stacked interchanges in the map. I completely didn't expect that huge one when it suddenly appeared on my GPS. Brilliant stuff!
Actually, my biggest complain about ETS2 was the road signs indicating an incorrect amount of lanes. Too often I had to switch lane the very last second. It was such a relief to see that Promods fixed what ETS2 itself should've fixed ages ago...

But the big realistic intersections are epic. I sometimes have to carefully look which exit to take, but I guess that's realistic too :mrgreen:

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Apr 2014 08:14

Actually, here's a list of all unique interchanges we have in Promods in the current version:

1-2. [DE] Stack cloverleaf hybrid interchange plus a partial cloverleaf interchange BAB1xBAB7 near Hamburg.
3-7. [DK] Partial-Y interchanges on the E45 in Jutland. (5x)
8. [DK] Full Y interchange E45xE20 near Kolding.
9. [DK] Cloverleaf interchange E45xPR15 with seperate collector lanes near Aarhus.
10-13. [FR] Partial Y interchanges in Western France. (3x)
14-21. [FR] Several hybrid interchanges in France. (8x)
22. [NL] Half-turbine (T) interchange A4/A15/A16 Rotterdam.
23. [NL] Partial cloverleaf interchange ending on a roundabout in Rotterdam at the A16.
24. [NO] Full Y interchange E16xE18 near Oslo
25. [NO] Partial Y interchange E18xRing 3 near Oslo
26. [NO] Single point roundabout diamond interchange E6xE18 near Oslo.
27. [NO] Two point roundabout diamond interchange E18 near Kristiansand.
28. [NO] Svinesund border control.
29. [NO] Partial cloverleaf interchanges E16 near Hønefors.
30. [SE] Trumpet interchange on the E20 near Malmö.
31. [SE] Cloverleaf interchange E20xE6/E22 with seperate collector lanes near Malmö.
32. [SE] Traffikplats Kropp (E4xE6/E20) near Helsingborg.
33. [SE] Enköping rest stop on the E18.
34. [SE] Tight cloverleaf interchange E4xRv40 near Jönköping.
35. [SE] Partial Cloverleaf interchange Rv40xRv26
36. [SE] Linköping Egg E4xRv34.
37. [SE] Dumbell interchange Kalmar E22.
38. [SE] Partial Cloverleaf interchange E22xRv35
39-43. [SE] Several interchanges in Stockholm.
44. [UK] Two-level roundabout interchange on the A2 near Dover.
45. [UK] Three-level roundabout interchange on the M2xM25 interchange near London.

And there are still many more to come ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2014 08:26

MandelSoft wrote:Actually, here's a list of all unique interchanges we have in Promods in the current version:
(...)
And there are still many more to come ;)
And with correct signage too! :D

I'd gladly offer my help, but since I lack 3D-modelling skills, the best I could do is to make some simple textures for traffic signs for example. I'm seriously impressed by the work all developers are making here.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information